This Will Hurt...

Jumping backwards from a shard of earth she sent rippling from the ground beneath me I tripped, falling backwards. I scrambled trying to get to my feet as quickly as possible.

My Mother cackled as she conjured up a dark black ball of energy in her hands.

"DARLING!" I heard Loki cry out from behind me as I made my way back onto my feet.

But before I could react my eyes shot wide open as a sharp pain pierced through my abdomen. The pain was so intense it ripped the breath out of my lungs. My legs buckled and I fell to my knees, looking down in horror to find a spear piercing through my body.

Loki, Steve and Bucky raced towards me. I could hear them calling out to me, but all I could do was concentrate on trying not to pass out from the pain.

My hands were shaking as I wrapped them around the bloodied spear head. Loki threw himself to his knees, dodging an arrow that was headed directly for him, sliding across the dirt catching me before I fell.

"No! No Darling its going to be alright..." his eyes were frantically scanning my body. Bucky and Steve circled us to keep any enemies at bay.

I coughed, tasting blood in my mouth, "Y-you need to..." I coughed again, "pull it out." I managed to splutter out.

"Darling." Loki warned. "This will hurt."

"JUST DO IT LOKI WE DON'T HAVE TIME!" I yelled in frustration at him.

"Y/N?" Odin's voice sounded from above us, "Y/N I am so sorry, she was so busy with you her defences were down...I-I had to make the shot." He had sorrow in his eyes as he looked at his spear lodged in my side. "If you had just stayed down a few seconds longer..."

Loki jumped to his feet, squaring up to Odin as his rage consumed him, "You!" He pointed his dagger at Odin's throat, "You did this to her?"

"Loki. I didn't expect for her to get in the way." Odin swallowed nervously as Loki pushed the tip of his dagger closer to his throat.

"You knew...that...that there could be a chance. Yet you still took the damn shot!" He yelled at him. "YOU COULD HAVE KILLED HER!"

He advanced towards Odin, who began to step backwards away from Loki who was now in a dangerous rage.

Odin had hurt his soon to be bride.

I clawed against the dirt, trying to push myself to stand. Groaning out in pain.

"Loki." I managed to croak out, but he couldn't hear me over the noise on the battlefield.

Bucky was beside me now, "Doll? Are you ok?" His face was laced with worry and I could see the fear in his eyes.

"Pull this fucking thing out of me now Bucky before he kills him." I took a deep breath trying to control the pain.

Bucky eyed the spear, "Doll...this...." he paused looking from it to my face again. "I'm sorry." he said as he wrapped his vibranium hand around the shaft of the spear and in a swift movement, that tugged my body back with him, he pulled it straight from my abdomen.

I screamed out in pain, falling backwards clutching my side.

My screams brought Loki back to his senses. When he looked down, Odin was at his feet, staring up at him with terror in his eyes.

"How could you? After everything I have done to change." He turned his back on Odin and ran to my side.

"Darling we need to try and stop the bleeding," he moved to put pressure on the wound that was oozing, crimson blood at an immense pace.

I bit my lip to try and muffle the scream that was threatening to leave me, hot tears stinging in my eyes.

Bucky and Steve moved to take out more elves that were advancing on us, leaving us defenceless for a few moments.

As Loki used his magic to stop my bleeding thats when I seen it, a huge mountain of a boulder, hurtling towards us. My eyes widened as the realisation hit me, we were going to be crushed.

"LOKI!" I managed to scream out, but before the boulder could hit us Odin threw himself in front of us. Bearing the brunt of the force of it landing upon us.

Dust and debris floated around the air, I couldn't see. Loki was lying on top of me and there was a dead weight on my legs.

I concentrated my powers, summoning a gust of wind to clear the air around us.

"Darling? Darling are you ok?" Loki's hands cupped my face.

I nodded to him, "I'm fine. Just finish healing me. Please."

He nodded and got to work healing me as best he could, it was enough to allow me to get back onto my feet.

That was until I tried to move, looking down we found Odin on the brink of death across my legs.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Loki go get your mother!" I panicked, he couldn't die. Not here, now when we needed him.

"I can't leave you defenceless!"

"JUST GO OR HE WILL DIE!"

Steve appeared beside me again, "It's ok Loki, we have her."

Loki stared at us both for a second before disappearing in a green flash. Moments later he appeared with Frigga who cried out in despair when she seen Odin.

Frigga dropped beside us as Loki used his strength to roll Odin off my legs and onto his back. Allowing me to stand.

Odin coughed, struggling to breathe. "I'm so sorry Loki." He managed to mumble. "Please forgive me..."

Tears streamed from Frigga's eyes. I knew I had to do something and there was only one person they could take him to in order to save him. Eir.

I reached for the sceptre that was surprisingly still in one piece. Pulling it around I slipped the tesseract from its place and reached it to Frigga.

"Here."

She looked at me with confusion in her eyes.

"Take him to Eir, then give him his powers back. He saved us. It's the least we can do."

Frigga frantically took the tesseract from my hands, holding tight to Odin she looked to me, "Thank you," she sobbed before they disappeared.

As I picked my sword back up, Loki cupped my jaw, stealing a greedy yet swift kiss from my lips.

"I love you." He murmured against my lips. "Please be more careful."

"I love you too, now let's end this." I shot back at him.

He swung his daggers, slitting an elves throat and downing it at our feet, before winking at me over his shoulder. It wasn't the time but I couldn't help but laugh.

We began to fight back to back, watching as many of the Asgardian army fell. Along with many of the dark elves.

They took wounds to the chest, neck, arms and heads. Dropping to their knees, trying their hardest to cling onto that last breath before death consumed them.

My heart ached for every soldier that had lost their lives around us but we had to fight on. For them, for their families, for Asgard. So they didn't die in vain.

As we manoeuvred across the field to join the others, there was more golden cloaks lacing the field than there was dark uniforms. The dark elves were strong, their soldiers were relentless but we had been smart, we had been better prepared.

Thor's voice rang across the field averting my attention to him as he yelled out before ending Malekith on the field.

"Loki?"

"Yes Darling?" He kicked the empaled elf off his daggers.

I pointed my sword towards the mountain of a creature that was making its way towards us.

"What...what the hell is that?!" I stammered.