My Brother...

A few hours later after being taken on a tour of Asgard, we were making our way back through a small market in the streets.

Beautiful arrays of Asgardian silks and fabrics for dresses, tempting fresh fruits and vegetables. Artefacts, books and knickknacks, I stopped at almost every stall. Admiring the treasures each one held.

Almost everyone had been so cheery and greeted me, until I noticed a few strange looks from people when Loki's arm slipped around my waist.

"Would you like anything my Love?" He looked at me with gentle eyes.

I shook my head, "No thank you. I'm just enjoying seeing it all."

He bowed his head to me, "Alright Love, just ask if you see anything."

I smiled at him as we moved onto the next few stalls, hand in hand, as whispers began to form around us.

"You guys realise everyone is staring at you right Doll?" Bucky chirped from beside me.

I felt my cheeks grow red, "W..what?"

I glanced around briefly to find, indeed, that all eyes were upon us. "Loki?" I nervously sputtered out.

He smiled down at me, "It's nothing to worry yourself about, it's just the first time in a long time they have seen one of us. Well ah, out with a Lady publicly. Especially me. Actually it's a first for me. Plus it's not like many people have seen a man with a fully functional metal arm in Asgard either." He chuckled looking at Bucky.

As I went to speak, an elderly man stepped in front of us from behind his stall full of colourful flowers. He wore a traditional Asgardian tunic which was a beautiful shade of deep burgundy red and smiled at me.

His face timeworn and laced with wrinkles. His eyes gleamed at me and they looked as if they held a thousand stories behind them. As he spoke, his voice was gentle, "A beautiful flower, for the most beautiful Lady. Please, it would be my honour."

He held up a pale pink peony, reaching it towards me. I smiled at him, glancing at Loki. I wasn't sure if it was proper etiquette to take a gift from a stranger here in Asgard?

Lokes?

Go ahead Darling, it will make his day.

I gently took the peony from his hand, bringing it to my nose inhaling it's sweet aromatic scent.

"It's beautiful. Thank you so much Sir." With that I curtsied to him. "What is your name?" I asked him.

"Vidar, my Lady."

"Well thank you very much Vidar, I shall cherish it."

His face lit up and he bowed his head to me, "Take care of the precious gift you have been given dear Prince." He lifted his head and stared straight at Loki, who towered above him.

I was shocked at the boldness of his remark and the tone of his voice. My face fell as I darted my eyes to Loki. Surprisingly he remained composed.

He placed a gentle kiss on my temple before he answered him, "I plan to kind Sir. Like my life depends on it."

The old man reached his hand out to Loki, who gracefully accepted it and shook it. He smiled at him before hobbling back behind his stall, leaving me standing my mouth agape and disbelief on my face.

"Ready to go?" Loki looked at me expectantly.

"I....." I couldn't string a sentence together, then Loki held a finger up to me signalling me to hold on. "Excuse me for just a moment Darling."