Look at Me...

Soon evening came and Loki, Thor and myself where sent to escort the Avengers to Asgard. As we stood at the Bifrost my chest suddenly tightened and I started taking heart palpitations.

I had an strange overwhelming feeling wash over my body which left me a little disoriented. I grabbed onto Loki's hand squeezing it in hopes the tighter I held it, it might make the uneasy feeling go.

"Darling are you ok?" He looked at me worriedly, his words stopping Thor in his tracks as well.

I nodded as I inhaled a deep shaky breath. "I-I just feel a little funny is all."

His hand slipped around my waist as he stepped closer to me, pulling my body in tight to his for support.

"I have you Darling. You are safe," he murmured to me. "We can take a moment before we go back to Midgard."

I leant my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes briefly, hoping to regain my composure. When I closed my eyes everything began to spin and a wave of nausea washed over me.

I felt his cool lips meet my forehead, as he peppered feather like kisses over my skin. I sighed, smiling contently. "Thank you...I really don't feel good Lokes."

"If Little One is not feeling well brother, take her back to the palace. I will go fetch the others." Thor rubbed his hand along my arm gently, "We need you for this battle...you're not..." he paused, "you're not with child? Are you?"

I went to protest and tell them I wasn't, but my body went limp in Loki's arms before I could open my mouth.

When I woke I was with the healers.

Again.

Muffled voices sounded around me and I sighed loudly attempting to sit up before one very abrupt, loud shout from Loki carried through the hall stopping me in my tracks.

"I WILL NOT BE KEPT FROM HER! NOW MOVE OUT OF MY WAY AT ONCE!"

Loki burst through the doors, followed by a few of the ladies who looked rather annoyed by the Prince's ignorance.

He however did not care, as he perched himself on the edge of the bed, smiling down at me gently. "How are you feeling now my Love?"
He asked as he pushed some stray hairs away from my face, before feeling my forehead. "Your temperature has dropped thank goodness. Mother believes it is your body fighting the serum." He paused watching me for a moment, "Perhaps we should see about having Mother remove it?"

I gently eased myself up off the bed to sit upright, "I'm fine Loki. For all we know it could have been that apple."

That made Loki pause for a moment, "No." he shook his head in disagreement, "No. That...that can't be it."

I watched on as he seemed to be having some kind of internal battle with himself, I reached forwards grabbing onto his arm and tugging him towards me. I caught his face in my hands before he fell. Staring at me he seemed shocked.

"It is not your fault Loki. Don't get in your head again." I warned before placing a gentle kiss on his lips, "Now if you don't mind I would rather we got out of here."

A breathy laugh left his lips, "Alright, lets go then." He took hold of both my hands and transported us back to his room.

"I will run you a bath Darling," he informed me as he pushed himself up off the bed we had landed comfortably on.

I whined in protest of him leaving grabbing a hold of his arm, stopping him from walking away any further. I pouted giving him my best puppy dog eyes, "Nooo. Don't leave me."

He looked at me in disbelief then began to laugh. A laugh that was infectious and it made me begin to join along with him, "that was pathetic wasn't it?" I giggled.