You're Late...

At some point I had managed to stumble into my room.

And here I was. Hyperventilating. Panicking.

I began sweating, feeling my body beginning to overheat. So I sank off the edge of the bed onto the floor, hoping the wooden floor would help cool me down. I pulled my knees to my chest trying to comfort myself as the tears streamed uncontrollably down my face.

There was a knock on my door, but I couldn't muster up the strength to get up off the floor to answer it.

"Y/N?"

It was Nat.

"Sweetie it's me. Bucky asked me to come check on you...."

I still couldn't answer her, my chest was becoming so tight that I was struggling to breathe.

I felt trapped. I felt myself slipping into a dark place. Fast.

"Ok, that's it. Y/N? I'm coming in."

With that I heard the door open, and the noise of her edging in slowly.

When her eyes landed upon me huddled on the floor, she closed the door running over to me and sinking to her knees in front of me.

"What's happened? Y/N."

I looked at her helplessly as she studied me for a second before she realised what was happening, I was having a panic attack.

"Shit. Y/N, look at me..." she placed her hands on the tops of my knees, squeezing them gently to grab my attention. "Focus on my voice, come on sweetheart. You can do this..." my eyes locked onto hers and she smiled weakly at me. "That's it, I'm here with you. Now try and breathe with me, in.....and out. That's it and again. In....and out. Good, keep going."

I nodded and continued, slowly trying to fill my lungs with air.

"Jarvis!"

"Yes Miss Natasha?"

"Alert Bucky of my location, tell him I need him up here."

"NO!" I managed to blurt out. I didn't want him here.

Nat looked at me shocked, "Loki then?"

I shook my head no repeatedly.

"Ok. Ok, then cancel that request please Jarvis."

"Certainly."

I could tell she was panicked herself, I could see it in her eyes. But right now. I didn't want anyone else in my room. My chest began to grow tighter and I closed my eyes, trying to muster up control over myself but when I closed my eyes, I lost control.

I could see them coming towards me.

They were back.

They had me.

That meant one thing, the torture was about to begin again.

Screaming, I threw my hands up over my head in an attempt to protect myself.

"No...no...no! You...you can't. No please! I will do better! I'm sorry!" I screamed out.

Nat grabbed my arms trying to prize them away from my head, "Y/N come on you're not there anymore. You are with us you are safe!"

But I was trapped in my own mind, it was ruling over any rational thoughts. The feel of Nat pulling at my arms panicked me more. I thought they had me.

"Jarvis, tell Bucky to get here NOW!" Nat called out.

I curled into the foetal position on the floor, my eyes locked shut as I waited.