Sounds Like Heaven...

At some point, Loki had drifted off to sleep with me in his embrace. I imagined it was the first time in a long time he had been able to sleep without worry and fear on his mind. If he had slept at all.

Frigga had been in to check on my progress, I heard her talking quietly to someone in the room, "She should be awake by the morning. Try not to disturb them, I doubt my Son has had a proper nights rest in some time."

"Yes Mam." I heard another female voice.

"That will be all Tyra."

With that I heard footsteps hastily leaving. Frigga's hand rested upon my forehead gently for a second, before I felt her fix the blanket over us both before retreating from the room.

I lay on Loki's chest listening to his heart beating rhythmically, his hand still interlaced into my own. Eventually I drifted off thinking of what Eir had said to me.

"He needs you more than anyone could ever fathom..."

How wrong she was. In actual fact, I needed him to survive. He was the only thing keeping me going in that hell hole, every beating, every slice to my skin, every bone broken, every dunk into that bath, every charge of electricity through my body, every time they injected my body with something new.

All I thought of was him.

All I could think of was surviving to see him again.

Eventually the need for sleep had consumed me but through the night as I was sleeping, I began reliving the torture. Suddenly I couldn't breathe, my chest constricting, I could feel the water filling my lungs...my body began to jerk, a cold sweat forming over my skin.

I could see them through blurry vision.

They had me.

I was there.

In hell again.

A pain surging through my entire body woke me. This time both my body and my mind were working together in unison as I shot up in the bed gasping for air, clutching at my throat as I let the it tear through my chest.

I pushed the covers off my body throwing myself out of the bed and bursting through the doors.

Where was I?

What was this place?

Strange people were all around me, worry washing over their faces as they realised how confused and freaked out I was. I staggered towards the doors using my body to force it open. I looked around at my surroundings blinking up at the sky, which was laced in beautiful shades of pink, purple, orange and red as the sun was beginning to rise? Or was it setting?

"Lady Y/N!!! You cannot be out here! You should be resting." A lady called out to me as she approached me cautiously.

"Someone wake the Prince!" One of the ladies behind her called from the doorway.

The Prince?

I continued retreating backwards, they were playing tricks on me.

What was this?

Had I lost my mind?

Was I dreaming?

I fell onto the grass below my bare feet clutching my head, my hands tangling into my hair as I tugged at it.

"No! This isn't real! Your not real! Stop lying to me! I...I can't take it anymore! JUST KILL ME ALREADY!" I screamed.

I closed my eyes awaiting pain, awaiting someone to come tear me back to my cell and punish me for fleeing.