Brutal. I Like It...

As the events of the day finally caught up with me I felt the need for sleep hit me like a ton of bricks.

I yawned, stretching out my aching muscles.

Thor laughed at me as he finished the last of his mead.

"Alright Little One, I shall take you to your room before you fall asleep at the table." He laughed, rubbing my shoulder gently.

"No...no...I'm" with that I yawned again involuntarily, "Ok," I smirked, "Maybe I am tired."

Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral and Lady Sif bid me goodnight, as Thor stood from the table holding out his arm for me to take.

He called over his shoulder as we made our way to the doors, "Pour me another, I shall be back shortly."

With that we headed back through the labyrinth of halls, dimly lit with flickering lanterns to the living quarters of the palace. He went to take me to the guest room I had been in, but I hesitated when we stopped outside it.

I looked up at him, "I might," I stopped. Closing my mouth and staring at the door. Truth be told I didn't really want to sleep in here tonight. Before I could speak Thor began to move pulling me abruptly with him.

"Where..." I went to ask but he hauled me along the hall only stopping to open the door to Loki's room gesturing for me to enter.

"I know you better than you think sometimes Little One. Your almost as stubborn as him." He rolled his eyes.

"Hey! That's not fair." I protested.

"Is it wrong though?" He probed, raising an eyebrow questioningly at me.

I opened my mouth to speak. Then shut it again. With that Thor laughed.

"You see. Now. Goodnight Little One. See you bright and early for training in the morning." He leant in and gave me a tight hug, "Remember what I said earlier. All will be ok, trust me Little One."

"Goodnight Thor," I laughed as I gently closed the door behind me.

I looked around the room, taking a deep breath as the fact that I was alone. Again. Washed over me. The only comfort being that the fire was lit and the warmth of the flames flickered and danced in the fire place. I couldn't help myself but grab the book from the bed and make my way over to the chair in front of the fireplace, releasing my hair from its bun I let it cascade over my shoulders.

I fumbled about getting comfortable before I took the letter from the book and began to read it again. I knew Loki was talented, but the way he wrote was poetic, it was beautiful and I couldn't help but want to re-read it. It astonished me. Just like him.

At some point the heat of the fire and the events of today consumed me and I had drifted to sleep, although I could almost swear I was being lifted.

I mumbled, not sure if I was awake or still half asleep.

"Hush Darling, it's ok. It's me."

I felt his cool lips against my temple.

A smile formed on my lips, "Loki..."

"Yes now let's get you to bed or you will be stiff in the morning." He cooed as he gently placed me on the bed.

"I...." I was fighting against the sleep, trying to open my eyes. I wanted to talk to him, "my dress..." was all I could fathom from my lips as the sleep won.

"It's ok Darling." I felt a gentle breeze, "there, all better. Now, off to sleep."

"I love you." I sighed, as I snuggled down into the comfort of his bed.