Change Is Upon Us...

Frigga waited until everyone had exited the room, "Come along dear, take a walk with me."

With that she gracefully strolled out of the healers refuge. Beginning to lead me down a long path, into a forest that seemed all too familiar to me.

Especially the further we got into it.

My stomach turned in realisation when I seen the opening before us.

I remembered this place.

I had been here before.

Many times.

Frigga continued to walk, just ahead of me. My legs seemed to stop when I got to the clearing and looked at Yggdrasil. Towering tall above us.

"Look familiar?" Frigga spoke to me and I realised she was standing beside the gigantic ash tree now.

"I....I've...I've been here. H....how?" I could feel the fear creeping up my body. My pulse beginning to race as my heart hammered in my chest. I could feel a sweat beginning to slick over my skin.

"Yggdrasil, has a keeper. Who, on the night of Loki's disappearance on Midgard. Informed me a woman somehow visited the sacred sight. A woman fitting your description my Dear. He then told me many nights you returned. Looking for something, or perhaps someone?" Her hand brushed along its bark delicately, it looked as if it glimmered under her touch. "Is this true?"

"I...Frigga I swear to you I don't know how I got here, when...When I fell asleep. It was as if my body had been transported. The first night I was here, L..Loki, he was here. The night he fled after finding out about this" I said revealing the mark on my arm. "He asked it to show me to him, but I was ripped back. I thought it was just a dream. B...but I returned. Many times, I don't know how. It was as if something was pulling me here," I looked around, this had been exactly where I had been. "The last time I was here. I...." My voice trailed off.

"What is it Dear?" Frigga approached me.

"The last time I was here, I touched Yggdrasil. It showed me....death, destruction. Tony was trapped below something and I couldn't help. No matter how hard I tried. I couldn't get to them on time. Then...Loki. He...Odin he killed him. In front of me. I couldn't stop it! I tried to break free from them but they had me captured I couldn't help him...I failed to help them..." I sank to my knees as tears ran from my eyes. Frigga dropped in front of me cupping my face.

"Yggdrasil can show us some of our darkest fears Y/N. It can play on those fears and use them against us. Or it can show us glimpses, of what is to come in the future..." her voice trailed off and she took my hands, "Come with me."

I stood and followed her over towards the tree. Stopping when we got closer. Scared of what would happen.

"It's ok. Come here, clearly it wants you to see something if it kept bringing you back." Frigga's hand chastised me towards her.

I moved to stand in front of the tree craning my neck back to look how high into the sky it reached. The glare from the sun made me avert my eyes back to its large trunk.

I looked to Frigga, who nodded at me, "I'm right here. Don't worry."

My hands shook as I moved them to touch it, it's bark glimmering once again.

I closed my eyes and a faint flashing began in front of my eyes, orange and red flickered before me like a mist covering my vision, slowly it began to disperse. Red and orange dots glowed in the sky, floating around me. Was it sparks? I reached forwards to touch one and it buzzed away, fireflies. I looked around, me trying to figure out my surroundings but everything was dark. Apart from the faint glow off the fireflies.