I Have A Date...

Almost three weeks had passed since our dance with death and the tension around Asgard had been growing as the armies were prepped and assembled in anticipation of the attack.

Thor, Loki and myself had returned to Midgard to retrieve the first lot of weapons from the compound to take back to Asgard.

Of course, Tony had decided a few modifications were in order, before we were allowed to take them with us.

So while we waited we had some time to kill that night, but ever since I had saved Loki he had been distant from me. It was upsetting me greatly, and the strain was really starting to get to me and the relationship.

So, I spent my time with the one person who didn't want distance from me.

Bucky.

We ended up leaving the others after raiding the cupboards for snacks to go watch a movie. Bucky never pushed me to talk about the quite obvious tension that had been lingering between Loki and myself. We hadn't broke breath to other since we had arrived. It was clear that everyone noticed, but I was grateful to be in the confides of Bucky's room away from everyone.

But as we watched the movie I could sense his eyes on me.

"I can feel you staring Buck." I informed him without taking my eyes off the tv.

"Sorry." He said sheepishly.

It was silent for a moment, then he shifted himself on the bed. I could feel his eyes on me again.

I turned to look at him, "Alright. Out with it."

He opened his mouth to speak, changing his mind and closing it again.

I shook my head. "Buck?"

"I just wanna know if you are ok Doll?" He smiled gently at me, making his eyes crease slightly as the sides. As he reached over and took my hand in his.

I gave him a small smile in return, squeezing his hand. I hesitated before I answered him, "I...I suppose will have to be."

I knew to look at Bucky's face he wasn't happy with that response. But, instead of pushing it further, he nodded. Wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me into his side. "I'm always here for you Doll. Remember that."

I leant my head into him, "I know, and I hope you know how grateful I am for that."

With that we went back to our comfortable silence, concentrating on the movie. I made my way back to my room after midnight. Sighing as I looked over at Loki's room. I could see the light was on.

I moved over to knock the door gently. 

"Come in."

I pushed the door open slightly, popping my head in the door. He was lying on the bed rhythmically throwing an object into the air and catching it again.

"I just wanted to say goodnight."

He caught the object, stilling and sitting up to look at me. "Alright, goodnight." He replied curtly.

I stood there frozen on the spot before admitting defeat. This was useless, I turned on my toes slamming his door shut and retreating to my room.

I cried myself to sleep that night.

Bucky woke me the next morning, sitting on the edge of my bed he shook me, "I'm going to make some breakfast Doll. Meet me in the kitchen."

I nodded sleepily at him groaning. When I heard my door close again I snuggled back down into my sheets. A few minutes later I dragged myself from the bed and headed back to the shower. After washing and getting dressed for the day I headed down to the common room, as the doors opened I looked over to the sofas and there was Loki, head in a book. Let's face it, not an uncommon sight, but nevertheless, in these circumstances. Annoying. The fact he was ignoring me, grated on my nerves.