Too Soon...

As I spoke to her, I meant every single word. In the short while I had known this beautiful soul, she had changed my perspective on the world. I had a new purpose in life.

Her.

After she had been taken from me, I vowed to protect her at all costs. Now with the looming threat of Ragnarok, I found myself wanting to commit to her. Completely.

I feel like for all those years without her I had been drowning, but now, she had taught me how to breathe. I couldn't imagine my life without her and I knew for a fact that I would destroy anyone who tried to take that away from me again.

The words almost slipped from my mouth, as I watched the reflection of the stars in her eyes making them sparkle. Her lips still slightly swollen from my own greedy mouth teasing and tasting them. Her hair disheveled, her skin marked, by me. She was so naturally beautiful, so wonderfully perfect in her own way and she had no idea the effect she really had on me.

I would fall on my knees for this woman. 

But marriage? I had never thought of it before, then again I didn't know her before...I almost asked her to marry me, then and there. But, was it too soon?

"Loki?" I said again for about the tenth time at this point, he seemed to have zoned out.

"Dammit Loki I'm leaving then!" I shouted this time, finally grabbing his attention. I was freezing and getting back to a room with a fire was beginning to sound blissful to me.

"Sorry Darling, it seems I got lost in my own thoughts." He looked embarrassed, then he noticed me shivering. "Let's get us back shall we?"

I nodded, "Please, I hope that fire is lit in your room." I wrapped my arms around him pulling my body closer to his.

He kissed my forehead, "Alright, give me a second." His arms wrapped around me tighter, "Here we go My Love, all warm."

When I opened my eyes and looked around we were in his bed wrapped in the finest bed linens, the fire roaring and his room delightfully toasty. I sighed burying myself down below the covers laying my head on his chest.

"Thank you," I managed to murmur as the need for sleep overcome me, "Love you."

"I love you too Darling, now rest. I'm right here. No one can harm you." He cooed to me, I felt the tingle of his magic surrounding me, and with that I nodded off into a dreamless sleep. My body overcome with joy at the fact it could recuperate.

A knock at the door the next morning made me jump up off Loki's chest, "Who is it?" I called out, trying to rub the sleep from my eyes.

"It's the maids dear, they wake us each morning." Loki's sleepy voice sounded from behind me. "Thank you, we are awake, tell Mother we will join her soon." He called out.

"Yes your Majesty." The timid voice sounded from behind the door. A woman.

I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, as jealousy flooded my system. I turned to look at him, "Do they come in here to waken you?"

Loki studied me for a moment before smiling, "Oh they wouldn't dare dream of it, in fact they are all wildly afraid of me. It's charming really."

"Good." My voice had a tinge of hostility.

He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me back down to lie with him, "Would that be jealousy I sense again My Love?" He smirked at me, "Stop listening to those demons in your head, they will poison your mind. Now go get ready, I do believe you have to meet Lady Sif soon?" He raised his eyebrows at me.