Are Gods Immortal?...

I wandered up the all too familiar hallways of the palace, pausing momentarily outside Loki's room. I contemplated going in but decided against it and instead made my way to one of the rooms Frigga had informed me where always prepared for guests.

I opened the door and face planted the bed, letting out a scream of frustration into the pillow.

I rolled over and stared up at the ceiling trying to to figure out where the hell I go from here? Everything felt like it was a shit show.

I kept reliving the events from the past few weeks over and over in my head until I eventually nodded off into a dreamless sleep.

A few hours later a knock at the door woke me, "Y/N dear, it's me." Frigga called from outside my door.

I pushed myself upright in the bed startled by her knocking, "You can come in Frigga." I called.

She smiled at me sympathetically, as she made her way over and sat on the edge of the bed, "Tell me what's happened Dear, please?"

I contemplated whether or not I should tell her, then again, she was someone I had confided in before. I could confide in her now too.

'I...I think Loki and I are finished." I sighed.

Frigga's brows knitted together in concern, "Why Dear?"

"Ever...ever since I died, he's pushed me away. Frigga, when I saved him I didn't know what the repercussions of saving him would be, but I loved him too much to let him die. I know he's worried too because he used the potion Eir gave him to save me and I understand that's left him without a lifeline for going into the battle. But ever since, he's been cold and distant and I don't think I can get him back. On earth Bucky, I mean James, my friend you met with the vibranium arm. Well he helped him to make amends for his actions, by planning a date for us." I paused letting out a small huff. "I was so excited. It was our first proper date and I thought it was going to get us back on track, but it did the complete opposite. He nearly ripped the maitre'd head off his shoulders for staring at me, then he flirts blatantly with the waitress in front of me. For what? Did he think it would win me over? Make me swoon over him? He-he was acting so strange. It didn't even really seem like Loki...So. I left. I wasn't about to stand bye and be made a fool of...I deserve better than that Frigga. What should have brought us closer together, seems to have ripped us apart."

Frigga stayed silent, it seemed she knew there was more.

"My...my friend James he...he confessed he loved me earlier today...and I'm not sure I know what to do with that information. When Loki found out he fled. I suppose I kind of did as well." I was fumbling with the bedding at this point, staring down at my hands as I was scared to see Frigga's reaction.

I heard her take a deep breath, before she exhaled slowly. "Typical Loki."

That surprised me and I did look up this time.

"Dear, I cannot condole my sons actions. No one really knows what is going on in that head of his. But I know one thing for sure, he loves you. Completely and utterly. I can only hope he sees the error in his ways, but give him time, he will come around. If he truly is your soulmate," she reached over gently taking my wrist and running her hand over the mark on it, "he will always find his way back to you dear no matter what."

I nodded to her and smiled, "Thank you," I whispered.

She leant over and took me into an embrace, "Now I do believe you wanted to do some training?"

"Yeah, I need it after that unexpected time off!" I smirked.

"Well you would need to hurry then, Lady Sif will be waiting."