Let Me Return The Favour...

Hey guys. It's me! *waves at you all from behind the screen* I just wanted to pop on and say that we are in the final few chapters of the second book in the series. Thank you all so much to everyone who has supported me this far! I see you all, voting and commenting! ;)
Book three is in the works. Yes you did read that right. There is a third book! Woohoo!
Hopefully it will make up for what is ahead of us. It's gonna hurt. I'm not going to lie to you all.....but...without further ado, here we go! Brace yourselves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was making her way towards Yggdrasil when we swooped in, cutting her off in her tracks. The momentum of Hades wings caused her to fall backwards, clawing at the dirt. I looked down at her smirking and she stared up at me with bewildered eyes.

"Surprise." I called out sarcastically.

"You should be dead!" She yelled, pointing at me.

I rolled my eyes, "Seems to be a reoccurring theme, but no. I'm not. Sorry to disappoint you. Again." I dismounted Hades in front of her. My feet making a small thud on the hard ground beneath me.

Scrambling about she pulled herself up, to stand staring at me in disbelief. She was weary. I could tell just from looking at her, but it didn't mean she couldn't still be dangerous.

"I sent that Völva to finish him, but you just had to go and ruin that! Didn't you?" She growled as she began circling me like a caged animal. "You healed him. How was that even possible?"

"You sent that thing after us?!" I answered, feeling my blood beginning to boil in my veins.

She cackled, "Oh please. I've been watching you for months. How do you think I was able to send that blonde bitch to attack you on the beach?"

I pulled my sword from its sheath, using my power to ignite it. I lunged towards her, screaming out as I did. "You bastard!"

I caught her arm much to her surprise. Blood began to trickle down from the gash I had just made. There was nothing she could do to stop the bleeding as I continued my relentless assault, seeing red.

She had tried to kill them.

Tried to take them from me.

Tried to kill me.

This bitch needed to pay.

I wanted her dead.

We fought tirelessly for what seemed like forever. Blocking attacks from each other. Landing the odd blow here and there. I had given up using my sword throwing it out of her reach. I couldn't get close enough to strike her again with the searing metal blade. So I solely concentrated on using my given powers against her.

I could see the frustration in her eyes every time I blocked or dodged her attacks. She was working persistently, using all her might.

But I noticed how she was slowing down. Her reactions were getting sloppy.

"My Love!" I heard Loki's voice from afar.

NO!

He couldn't be here.

Stay away Loki! I warned.

But in a flash he appeared in front of me, causing me to drop my shield.

Mother used this to her advantage and managed to catch both of us.

I winced in pain, but I was more concerned about the wounds that Loki clearly had inflicted on the battlefield beforehand.

She shot again, this time Loki stood in front of me to shield me. He staggered slightly under the force of her attack, it was clear to see that we were all exhausted. We had been battling for hours now.