What's Got You in a Mood...

My Love?
Hello?
Darling?
Loki?
Lokes? Can you hear me?
Seriously...Loki?

We had been sitting here gathered with the group for about an hour now talking tactics and battle plans. However Loki was lost in a trance.

I was currently being squashed between Nat and Bucky and couldn't get free to shake him back into reality.

I had tried almost everything I could to get his attention, but so far he still wasn't responding to me...

Alright then time to bring out the big guns.

My King?

Loki blinked a few times before his head shot up to meet my gaze across the table.

I raised my eyebrows at him.

Seriously?

I rolled my eyes as he smirked.

Sorry Darling. You know I love hearing you call me that. What seems to be bothering you?

I could ask you the same thing you have been zoned out for the past ten minutes. Is everything alright?

There was a pause before he nodded. A feeble attempt at assuring me...of course I didn't believe him.

"Alright guys you will have to excuse us. Loki if you wouldn't mind." I stood up abruptly from my seat, forcing Nat and Bucky to move, rudely interrupting their chatter. Loki followed suit and stood up staring at me, "Can you take us to Mum please. I need to let her know I'm ok."

"Of course Darling," He said before moving over to me at the side of the sofa, taking my hand in his. In a flash we were in my old bedroom in Texas. His grip on my hand loosened as he tried to drop it, but I wrapped my fingers around his hand stopping him.

"Tell me what is going on Loki. What's wrong? I know something is bothering you." I pleaded with him, "Please. Don't shut me out. We are in this together."

He sighed, allowing his body to slump slightly in defeat, before sitting down on the edge of my bed pulling me down with him to sit upon his lap.

"I just can't...I can't have you there." His eyes met mine, "I cannot and will not risk losing you again. I cannot go through that hurt once more." He paused for a moment just staring at me. "You have no idea how scared I was." His voice was quiet and filled with fear.

"Loki..." I started but he cut me off, shaking his head.

"No. I will not fight you on this. I have made up my mind. If I can keep you away from this battle I can keep you safe. So I want you to stay here on Earth when it happens. Please?" His voice was stern, but his eyes were still silently pleading with me.

I tore myself from his grip, standing up from his lap to look down at him. I understood he wanted me safe. But surely he had to realise his safety was my priority too?

"I will not leave you to see this through on your own! Do you not realise how agonising it would be to have to be separated from you in a time of need! Left behind. Worrying about your safety when I could be on the battlefield beside you! Helping you! You travelled to get me a potion that can save me. You can't lose me! I refuse to sit at home doing nothing. I don't care what you say. Besides, who's to say anything will even happen me when we are there? I might get hurt but I heal quicker now...Remember? So no. I'm going. Ok? Good." I threw my hands up in the air, "Now I'm going to see my Mum. You can sit here if you wish or join me. The choice is yours!" With that I stormed off, slamming my room door behind me almost breaking it.