Just You Wait...

Once we made it to the gardens laughing and teasing each other, a familiar neigh took my attention away from Loki.

Hades trotted up to me pushing my arm with his head, "Hey handsome! Told you I would be back to see you." I smiled as I patted his neck beaming over to Loki.

"Such a tart Hades. All over me one minute then as soon as the pretty Lady is back. I'm forgotten about." He snorted.

Hades whinnied at him and it was as if he was laughing. Loki walked over and stood behind me giving him a pat on the neck, "It's ok I don't blame you for picking her over me. Now let's go find Mother." He placed a quick kiss on my temple, as he interlaced his fingers with mine.

We found her on the bench I had first met her at on my original trip to Asgard. She smiled and stood up as she seen us approaching hand in hand, with Hades close behind us.

Loki let go of my hand briefly to embrace his Mother and kiss her on the cheek, "Here she is as promised, bathed and feeling much more herself."

"So it seems!" She beamed at me releasing Loki and making her way over to me.

"Thank you for helping me Frigga, I can never repay you for your kindness." I hugged her with tears in my eyes.

"Oh don't be silly child, you are a part of this family now. We look after our own. Look how happy you make my Son, that's all I could ever ask for in this world." She held me at arms length studying my face. "How are you feeling though?"

"Physically, fine. There's barely a mark on my body. Eir and the potion really did a number on the whole healing thing. Mentally however..." I paused for a little moment, worry shooting across my face. Quickly I pushed it away again, "Well only time will tell." I smiled weakly at her. Hopefully the nightmares would stay away. She nodded to me taking my hand sitting me down beside her on the bench.

"My child I know it is a painful memory for you, but when I had you on the Soul Forge...well....Y/N there is a strange substance in your blood, I do not know what it is but it seems to be dormant. Did..." she trailed off looking to Loki.

He nodded gently at his Mother before crouching in front of me taking my hands, "My Love, when you were conscious did they inject you with anything when you were there?"

"I...." I bit my lip chewing it nervously, before meeting his gaze, "They did, a few times, they said they would make me into their best weapon yet. I don't know what it was but my body didn't accept it. That's why they tortured me. Trying to expose my body to the exact pain threshold that would make the serum mutate and make my body accept it. When it failed, they tried again and again until they gave up. I ended up pretty much useless to them."

Loki's hands tightened around my own as he closed his eyes, I could see his breathing speed up. His anger getting the better of him.

"Hey, I'm ok. I'm here now aren't I?" I slipped my hands from his to cup his face, "Loki, I'm ok."

He finally opened his eyes to look at me. "Yes, yes you are My Darling."

"I've sent Thor for some of your friends, to see if they can work out what it is, we can possibly extract it from you but I want to make sure it will cause you no harm first." Frigga's hands rested on her lap as she watched us.

"Ok, I trust you." I smiled warmly at her before we were interrupted.

"Mother! I have returned with help! Although one of them was adamant to come with us, I'm sorry he wouldn't let me leave without him." Thor's voice boomed at us as they entered the gardens.

Trailing behind him I spotted one very scared looking Banner, a well dressed Tony and then....there he was. Bucky.

I jumped up from the bench running at him.