Destroy Them All...

I could hear my heartbeat hammering in my ears as the whole world seemed to halt in that moment.

I could feel her hatred for me emanating from her like a pent up storm. The damage she was about to cause would be catastrophic if we didn't stop her.

As she was about to land, reaching for my ankle to pull me from upon Hades back a loud bang sounded. It ricocheted her back into Malekith, sending them both flying backwards. The frontline of their army catching them before they could fall.

I looked to see Steve slightly crouched. His shield covering his chest and face.

Slowly he stood up tall, smirking at his handy work, "Language!" He called out before looking up to me and nodding.

"Thank you." I breathed, darting my eyes back to my Mother in anticipation of her next move.

The air between the armies was silent with only the noise of the horses impatient snorts and pawing at the dirt below them.

As Malekith and my Mother composed themselves, I waited, with baited breath. Then he lifted his pale hand into the air.

"Destroy them all." He commanded, his shrill voice sending a shiver up my spine.

With that the golden sea of the Asgardian army lurched into action, I heard Heimdall call out from behind me "The Revolution has begun! For Asgard!"

The next thing I heard was the thundering sound of feet pounding off the ground as the armies advanced on each other. The sound of metal on metal as swords clashed with one another. Swords and shields meeting with force. The pained cries of those who were unfortunate to be downed.

I kicked Hades forwards. My eyes locked on my target.

Her.

Anyone who got in my way would be shown no mercy.

Hades thundered across the ground, his large strides easily swallowing up the earth beneath us. I swung the sceptre into its holder on my back, pulling the sword Lady Sif had gifted me from its sheath instead.

Using all my force I swung it down towards her but before I could make contact, Mother lit the ground beneath us, the green grass engulfed in flames. Hades reared sharply in order to avoid the inferno trying his best to protect us both.

My body swerved side ways with the sudden movement and I felt my hand slip from his black mane as the weight of the sceptre knocked me off balance I tried to grip helplessly on. But I had nothing.

I tossed my sword away from me before I fell. A move that was sure to protect myself against landing on its razor sharp blade and hurting myself.

My shoulder hit the ground first, sending a pain searing through it and up my neck, but now was not the time. I rolled, using the momentum to push myself up onto my feet again, as I did I grabbed the sword back into my hand. I wasn't about to die unarmed lying in the dirt, I wouldn't give her that satisfaction.

I concentrated my powers into the sword and soon the smell of smoke began to fill my nose.

The sounds of men and elves dying all around me was all I could hear but I took a deep breath channeling my rage.

The scent of hot iron finally filled my lungs this time and I opened my eyes to see the blade alight.

One of the dark elves lurched towards me, but before he had the chance to raise his weapon, I swung the flaming sword downing him and decapitating him.

Blood splattered over my face and I reached up with a shaky hand to attempt to wipe it from my cheek. Instead I only managed to smear it across my face like war paint.

Another elf charged at me from behind my Mother, I raised my sword again, and noticed the fear in his eyes as he approached. A pity he would never have the chance of redemption from anyone. As I brought my sword down a curtain of flames followed in its path. The elf let out a pained cry as the sword made short work of his armour. The smell of burning flesh as it connected with its chest filled the air as it dropped at my feet.

Quickly I turned to check on Loki, the others and the battle that had broken out around us. It had turned into a slaughter, but I had to remember what I was fighting for. Who I was fighting for.

I spied Loki and Steve fighting back to back. Bodies of elves piling up wherever their daggers and shield swung.

My Mother began advancing on me again. She shot balls of boiling hot infernos at me, that I ducked and dodged trying to avoid them as best I could. One of them catching the side of my arm, melting the leather to my skin.

I hissed at the pain, clamping shut my jaw. I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of knowing she had caught me. We moved across the field as she continued on her relentless attacks. Only becoming more enraged when I deflected her using my shields or the flaming sword.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Odin and Tyr had faced many a battle together over the years, but this one was the most important of them all, this was to protect Asgard, its people and his children. Defeat was not an option. He had been keeping an eye on the witch that was trying to take his home. Y/N had been keeping her busy and as Odin looked on he had her in his line of vision.

Turning to Tyr, Odin called to him, "COVER ME!"

Tyr nodded, flanking Odin and downing the feeble elves that dared approach him.

Odin honed in on her, she was so completely lost in trying to kill her only daughter. She had left herself open to attack from every other angle.

However taking the shot, Y/N could perhaps move into its line endangering her. Odin battled with himself internally. If she didn't move to the right, he would hit her Mother and the biggest threat to them would be eliminated. But if she did...he could not guarantee her safety.

Odin raised Gungnir, the Spear of Destiny that had served him well in all his battles. He hoped now it wouldn't let him down. Pulling back with all his might, he whispered to the spear. The runes that were engraved on its point lit up, increasing its aim and deadliness. Before he lurched his arm forwards sending it hurtling towards them.

He could only hope he had made the right decision.