Laufeyson. Loki Laufeyson...

I paced nervously, glancing at the clock on my bedside table; seven forty five pm. He would be here soon. Hastily I made my way over to the mirror smoothing the fabric of the red silk dress Nat and Wanda had helped me pick to wear for the night. Even though things were still up in the air with us, it didn't mean I couldn't look good for myself.

Wanda had fixed my hair into loose waves cascading over my shoulders and framing my face, I protested with Nat to keep my make up simple with some light foundation, bronzer, and blush. She had fixed my eyebrows lightly defining them, a subtle matte smokey eye, lashes and a nude lip. They both had done a stellar job as I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

"Ok, its just a date Y/N. You have been on dates before. Get a grip of yourself." I lectured myself. Reaching over I grabbed a bottle of perfume and sprayed a little on my pulse points, just as I had finished the door knocked startling me. I placed the bottle back down and grabbing my clutch off the bed where I had left it, opening the door swiftly, only to be met by Bucky.

As I stilled, I looked shocked. "Bucky?"

"Geeze, that hurt Doll." He smirked holding his hand over his heart.

"Sorry I didn't, I just.." I looked out the doorway and down the hall before I returned my attention to him, "It was just, I was expecting Loki." I felt myself blush a little, embarrassed. "Not that I'm not happy to see you too. I mean your my bestie..."

Bucky cut me off as he chuckled, "I know Doll. I love you too, however I am here to escort you. If you will allow me?" He winked holding his arm out for me to take.

I studied him for a moment, "This was your idea. Wasn't it? The whole date thing?" I hooked onto his arm, closing my room door behind me.

"I may have helped yes, so did Tony....and Sam." He replied sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes, "This will be....eventful then." I noticed Bucky had hit the level for the garage when we entered the elevator.

"Have a little faith in us Doll." He laughed as his hand dropped from the button.

"Oh I trust you, it's the other two I don't trust!" I replied, nudging him playfully with my hips.

Bucky's gaze lingered on me and I felt myself holding his eye contact longer than I probably should have, I felt butterflies growing in my stomach under his gaze.

I shouldn't be feeling this way.

I cleared my throat breaking the contact as the elevator began its decent, fidgeting nervously I dropped my gaze and focused on a spot on the floor.

"Hey?" Bucky's lips met my cheek briefly, "You look stunning, you always do Doll you know that. You have nothing to be nervous about, just have a little faith, and hey. If it doesn't work out...well my offer still stands of some of the good ole Bucky lovin. I mean. We know you don't exactly find me repulsive now do you?" He winked and nudged me.

I shook my head at him thinking about our first solo mission, "Thanks Buck I will remember that." I laughed as I felt my cheeks grow warm.
With that the elevator pinged and the doors opened, thank god.

I stepped out of the elevator and Bucky led me over to my Mustang before stopping in front of it. I looked around confused, before landing my gaze on Bucky, "Ah...where"

My attention was averted from him as the driver door opened of my car and Loki stepped out gracefully like it was the most normal thing in the world for him to do.

I swallowed hard. Oh Lord have mercy.

"Have fun Doll." Bucky shouted back at me as he scurried off back to the elevator.