I See a King Blossoming...

Odin began to talk over the battle plans to us. Suggesting strategies that we could use. Weapons, formations that the armies should be in...but the longer I listened, the more I could see faults in them. I needed to say something, but I wasn't sure how to go about it.

I sighed, removing myself from the chair beside him. Slowly I paced around the room, lost in my own thoughts. We needed more than this...something to catch them off guard. But what?

Odin stopped talking straightening his back before he cleared his throat to grab my attention. My pacing was starting to annoy him, "Is something the matter Y/N?" He sounded displeased.

Nothing new there.

I looked up, suddenly aware of the fact I had indeed been circling the table and everyone was now looking at me in anticipation of what I was going to say. I had to approach this with caution.

"I...I'm sorry, I know you might not want to hear this and it's not really my place, but I need to get this off my chest. While all these ideas seem great and all. The dark elves have fought the Asgardian Army before. Many years ago, when your Father destroyed the Aether." I waved my hands about as I spoke. Tony was really rubbing off on me. "So they will expect, over the generations that your soldiers will be trained the same way. That they will have been passed down the same training by the soldiers that survived that battle. Leaving their moves to be predictable. They will be able to anticipate it. We need to have an element of surprise. We need to throw them off our trail." I rubbed my temples. "We need to lure them somewhere that we have the advantage? You guys should know of places here?" I looked around at them all, hoping for some reassurance. "If we can do that then we can surround them. Hide the soldiers, make them believe we are weaker than they thought? We just need something they wouldn't expect."

I subconsciously let my hands wander to rest upon the back of Loki's chair for support, everyone was nodding as they let this sink in.

"Loki told me about a book I should read that he has back on Earth. Tony and Bruce are already making weapons that can help us, give us an advantage. They have a weakness to iron. That and the fact that if the masks they wear are removed the atmosphere itself weakens them. My mothe....." I paused, closing my eyes briefly, before taking a deep breath and correcting myself, "the woman who birthed me, is a celestial elemental. Her powers reign supreme over what I can do. Not to mention if she has dabbled in dark magic, we do not know what to expect when it comes to her exactly. We seen what the Völva was capable of. What's to say her magic isn't as dangerous? So we need to play her at her own game. We need to take her by surprise. We will need magic of our own, Frigga I know you won't be battling with us but you can still use magic from afar? Am I correct?"

She nodded, "I can, yes."

"Mmm," I began pacing the room again, "she knows Loki has magic, but he will be on the battlefield. So he will be a target of hers to weaken first. After that Odin, no doubt she will want a stab at me too." I ran my hands to my hair, tugging it free of the braid that was beginning to hurt my scalp. "We need to shock her with someone or something she wont expect, but what...?"

Thor and Loki glanced at each other, clearly having the same thought as one another.

"The tesseract." Loki mumbled to his Brother who nodded in agreement.

Odin looked at them, "Excuse me?"

"The tesseract Father," Thor stood from his seat looking at Odin, "We could give it to Y/N. To use on the battlefield, to distract her mother. She knows Y/N possess the power of the elements, but to be able to teleport. Now that would be something she wouldn't expect. It may be enough to throw her off her game, just enough for one of us..."