Its Getting Dark...

It had been three days.

But it had felt like an eternity.

I refused to leave his bedside. Even though I knew he was gone.

Frigga, Odin, Thor, Bucky, Steve, Sam, Nat, Wanda, Tony, hell even Bruce and Tyr had been in. Trying their hardest to get me to leave him, even just for a little while.

Bringing me food. That I refused to eat.

Checking in on me. But I refused to speak.

The bags below my eyes were apparent. My skin now dull. My eyes bloodshot and red from crying, until my body could no longer produce tears to cry. My hair was messy and I still wore the clothes from the battle. I had refused to leave him.

I felt empty.

Like a hollow shell.

My whole body was numb.

No thoughts passed through my mind. Other than how much I missed him.

Sometimes Frigga would come. Just to sit with me in silence. She was suffering too. It was obvious, and expected. She had lost her Son. Behind the scenes they were planning his funeral, but I didn't want to think about that. Because that? That meant all of this was real.

Frigga was here again, chattering to Loki. Talking to him about Valhalla. I had heard Loki talk about it once before, but I wasn't sure where exactly it was.

"Oh Loki dear, you will like it much better in Valhalla than Folkvangr. Just you wait my Son." She muttered to him. Fixing the soft sheets that covered his body.

I blinked at her a few times. My eyelids felt dry and hurt when I moved them. My head felt heavy on my shoulders and I honestly wasn't sure if I could hold it up much longer.

Hoarsely I managed to croak out from my dry throat, "Where is Valhalla?"

Frigga looked at me surprised, but she didn't make a big deal out of the fact I had spoke. Instead she began to explain to me, "Well dear. Valhalla is a beautiful place. Watched over by the Valkyrie. Where only the most distinguished warriors go in the afterlife. The elite get to live here, to remain fit for the final battle of Ragnarok."

I furrowed my brows together, looking at her in dismay.

"So...he's not getting to rest? He's going to wait for another battle?"

"Everyone who is picked for Valhalla see it as a great honour. By day they train and fight, in preparation for Ragnarok dear. Just because you stopped it this time doesn't mean it won't happen eventually. But fear not by evening they feast on the finest foods, drinking and conversing with the others."

I nodded, staying quiet this time.

"Is there anything you wish to send with him dear?" She asked, walking over to place her hand gently on my shoulder.

I sighed, fighting back tears. "Me?" I whispered.

"Oh Dear come now," she gently sat down in front of me. Her fingers slipping to my chin so as to make me look at her. "You mustn't torture yourself like this. He died, honourably. Trying to save you and his home. Protecting you and his people. He wouldn't want to see you this way and you know it too. I know it is difficult, but you will come out the other side of this."