1.2

After a quick explanation to the blonde princess of Natasha's plan they reach the holding cell. The two silently enter the room that held the large containment cell, Loki's back facing them as he paced. Asta's breathe gets stuck in her throat at the sight of her brother. Loki pauses in his pacing steps, "There's not many people that can sneak up on me." he speaks, before slowly turning towards them.

Loki blinked back in surprise at the sight of his little sister. He pushed back the thought of rushing to her, to ask her how she was, to apologies... Instead he gives the two a wicked smile. "But you figured I'd come." Natasha replies, having noticed the small moment of hesitation when his eyes landed on his sister.

"After. After whatever tortures Fury can concoct, you would appear as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate." he pauses before looking back towards his sister, "But you, little sister, I did not expect to see you here." he admits, his confident aura not wavering.

"Hello Loki." she says to him simply, no smile, no tears. It was odd for him to see no readable emotion on her face.

"Asta." he greets with a nod, his wicked smile remaining. "Let me guess, if she fails," he begins pointing to Natasha before pointing to Asta, "you are to convince me to cooperate. My lovely little sister. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you've wasted a trip. Go Home." he tells her, his smile leaving his face, the last sentence said in a deadly serious tone.

"I'm here for you, so I won't be leaving." Asta tells him, in partial truth.

"Well I don't want you here!" Loki says to her rather coldly.

"I wanna know what you've done to Agent Barton." Natasha speaks bringing his attention back to her once she noticed Asta flinch at his tone, obvious something she wasn't use to.

"I'd say I've expanded his mind." Loki vaguely explains giving the spy a smirk.

"And once you've won. Once you're king of the mountain. What happens to his mind?" Natasha continues to question as she begins to walk closer to the cell. Asta staying back as instructed.

"Oh... Is this love, Agent Romanoff?" Loki asks, the wicked smile returning thinking he struck a nerve.

"Love is for children. I owe him a debt." Natasha replies unamused.

Loki backs away, "Tell me." he says before taking a seat on a bench that was in his cell.

"Before I worked for SHIELD, I uh...well, I made a name for myself. I have a very specific skillset. I didn't care who I used it for, or on. I got on SHIELD's radar in a bad way. Agent Barton was sent to kill me, he made a different call." Natasha reveals as she goes back to stand near the princess once more.

"And what will you do if I vow to spare him?" Loki questions calmly, curious on her response.

"Not let you out." Natasha replies unbothered.

"Ah, no. But I like this. Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Loki questions, his smile back as he leans forward.

"Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or I was." she replies with a shrug.

"And what are you now?" Loki questions.

Natasha makes her way back towards the cell, "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." she says, crossing her arms.

"Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter? SÃO PAULO? The Hospital Fire? Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's gushing red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... Pathetic!" Loki begins to say rather ominously, standing and walking to where Romanoff stood, the glass dividing them, "You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!" Loki glowers at her.