4.6

"Asta? You still on?" Steve's voice comes through the comes for her.

"Yeah. A bit busy." Asta replies as she dodges a swing from the solider.

"I'm still on and can make it to switch the chip. Just hold on." he tells her, as she grabs her daggers to fight hand to hand.

"I'm trying." she replies as she struggles to get a hit on him.

The Winter Solider was quick to catch her off guard, and toss her at one of the cargo boxes, causing her to groan in pain. "They don't want you dead." he says as he stalks over to her, grabbing her arms and forces her up, grabbing her dagger that she had dropped.

"Anyone specific?" Asta questions, trying to push down her fear and pain as he forces her arms behind her back.

"Pierce. Garrett. All the higher ups really." he admits emotionless as he pushes her to start walking.

Confused on where they were going she elected to keep him talking. "What do they want me for?" she asks as they begin to make their way down the Helicarrier.

"Unclear. You're magic probably." he tells her as they reach the area with the chips, no Steve in sight. He walks to stand in front of the machine and forces them to face the entrance. Shifting he grabs her wrists with his metal hand, lifting up her dagger to her neck. "Don't struggle." he tells her as he stares at the door.

Asta had shallow breath at how close the blade was to her. Steve quickly enters the room but slows down at the sight of Asta and Bucky before him. "Asta are you okay?" he asks the princess calmly, his eyes darting between the two quickly.

"I'm fine Captain." she tells him, remaining as calm as him.

"People are gonna die, Buck. I can't let that happen." Steve tries to reason with the solider, but he got no response, "Please, don't make me do this." Steve tries again but got nothing. "Asta..." he says to her a bit more sad then before.

"Do what you have to do." she tells Steve, hoping that their plans work out.

Steve nods, and with out hesitation throws his shield at her and the Winter Soldier, causing him to loosen his grip on her allowing her to pull and duck away, teleporting herself behind Steve with a dive.

The Winter Solider was fast to block it with his metal arm, having it go back to Steve, throwing the dagger at Steve, only for it to be blocked. The solider grabbed a pistol and began to shoot at the captain as he rushed at him. Winter Solider was able to graze Steve with a bullet but the Captain knocked him back with his shield right after.

Asta stood up, slowly making her way to the fighting two hesitantly. The Winter Soldier switched back to a dagger attempting to hit Steve but was hit back giving Steve time to enter the code to open the Chip container. The fight escalated before Asta could help as the two super soldiers go over the railing to a lower platform.

Asta rushes over to the now opened container, "Which one was it." she whisper to herself looking over the chips, "No. No. No. You." Asta mumbles pulling one out, She moves back over to the railing to see the two still fighting on the bottom platform. "Ready whenever you are Steve!" she calls down to him.

"Okay." Steve shouts as he continues to fight, throwing his shield at the Winter Soldier again. After a moment of shouts and groans from somewhere she couldn't see Steve shouts again, "Got it! Coming up!"

Asta waiting anxiously as he made his way up, not knowing where the Winter Soldier was. Once Steve made it to the platform below where Asta was. He went to jump before a shot to the shoulder stopped him. He moved again, jumping again trying to climb up as he got shot at.

Asta reached down to help him up, to which he accepts rolling on to the platform out of breath. "Here." he says, handing her the chip.

"30 Seconds!" Hill informs them.

"Working on it." Asta replies as she goes to put it in but a shot was fired hitting her shoulder. "Ahh." she shouts in pain, stopping her movement for a moment.

Steve was quick to her side, "You okay?" he asks still out of breath.

"Yeah." Asta says pushing past the pain to reply. Another shot was fired Steve was quick to move in front of Asta and take the hit, taking the shot in the abdomen. "Steve!" she shouts as he slowly falls.

"Do it Asta." Steve says in pain. Asta listens, quickly turning back and inserting the chip. "Charlie lock." Steve tells Hill in the coms.

"Did it work?" Asta questions, worried that she was to late.

"Yes, now get out of there." Hill tells the two.

"Steve?" Asta kneels to his side as he gives her a weak smile.

"Get outta here princess. I'll be fine." Steve tells her.

She looks to him unsure, "But your hurt." she tries to argue.

"So are you. I'll get out on my own. Go to Hill." Steve tells her, using his 'Captain' voice.

"If you don't make it out alive..." Asta tries to threaten.

"I'll walk it off." he jokes, causing her to give him a sad smile. "Now go." he say to her again. She nods, slowly backing away and teleporting off the ship. "Fire now." he tells Hill, before Asta could hear as she teleported into the room.

__________________

It's been a few days since SHIELD and Hydra were taken down. Steve was fine. And the Winter Soldier was no where to be found. Asta had offered to help Steve with his search for his old friend but he he refused, saying she should continue her learning and exploration, and that he was grateful for her help. Natasha was going to handle the SHIELD exposure.

Asta was concerned for her new friends that where in SHIELD. Were they fine? Were they all good people? Those thoughts swirled her brain when she left the cemetery where Fury's fake grave was. But her thoughts were cut short by a scared and panic'd voice calling for her.

"Astaaa!"

And with a blink she was gone.

______________________

1071 Words

This was so much fun to write, so I hope you enjoy!

Coming up on the last little bit!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake