2.2

Asta quickly makes her way into the healers room, seeing her brother there looking over the healers working about. "You summand me. Are you alright?" Asta was quick to walk towards Thor, looking him over not seeing anything wrong.

Thor chuckled, "I'm fine. I wanted you to meet and help Jane." he tells his sister before gesturing to the woman who was laying on the healers soul forge.

Asta's eyes widen at the sight of the Midgardian that had practically taken Thor's heart, "That's Jane Foster?" she questions her brother in an excited whisper.

Thor nods, looking back over at the woman who was talking to the healers, "Does a Soul Forge transfer molecular energy from one place to another?" Jane questions Eir the healer.

Eir looks to the woman impressed, "Yes." was her reply as she continued to work.

Jane looks back over to Thor with a smile, "It's a quantum field generator." she whispers to him excitedly causing him to smile. Asta smiles at the two, never having seen Thor look at someone so gentle.

"My words are mere noises to you that you ignore them completely?" Odin's voice booms through the room causing the siblings to look over towards him at the entrance.

"She is ill." Thor tells their father.

"She is mortal." Odin argues back, turning off the soul forge with the wave of a hand. "Illness is their defining trait." Odin says as he walks over to them.

"I brought her here because we can help her." Thor argues with him.

Asta moves to Jane giving her a small smile and helping her sit up as they watch Odin who walks around them. "She does not belong here in Asgard anymore than a goat belongs at a banquet table." Odin states rather rudely.

Jane looks to Thor, "Did he just...?" She begins to question looking between the two blondes offended at his words before looking to Odin, "Who do you think you are?" she asks him.

"I'm Odin. King of Asgard. Protector of the Nine Realms." Odin tells her, standing across from Asta on the other side of Jane.

Jane blinks, "Oh. Well, I'm.." Jane is cut short by the king.

"I know very well who you are, Jane Foster." Odin tells her before walking back over Thor.

Jane looks back over to Thor, "You told your dad about me?" she asks him.

"He told all of us about you." Asta tells her, gaining the woman's attentions.

Jane looks at her in realization, "You're Asta. Wow you are really pretty." she tells the princess a bit stunned to not realize who she was at first.

Asta lets out a small laugh, "Thank you. But with your beauty I understand why my brother is so transfixed." the blonde compliments the brunette, causing her to give her a smile.

"Something is within her, father, something I have not seen before." Thor's voice gains the women's attention as he begins to explain to Odin.

"Her world has its healers, their called doctors, let them deal with it. Guards, take her back to Midgard." Odin argues, his voice rising at the end as he turns to take his leave.

Two guards approach Jane, one moving the princess back towards her brother before going to grab Jane, "Don't touch her!" Thor attempts to warn them buts surge of red energy shoots out of her hitting them away from her.

Thor rushes to her side, Asta quick to follow as Jane lays down again. "Jane, are you alright?" he asks her looking her over, and she nods.

Asta looks over Janes arms, seeing the magic energy still present within her. Odin quickly making his way to the girls other side, hovering his hand over her arm also seeing the energy within Jane. "It's Impossible." Odin says.

"The infection, it's defending her." Eir says looking over the energy from next to Odin.

"No, it's defending itself." Thor tells them worried.

"Come with me." Odin says before making his way to exit.

Thor and Asta help Jane back to her feet and the three move to follow Odin, "I'll have to do some research to understand how to help her." Asta whispers to Thor as to not draw their fathers attention.

Thor nods in appreciation as Odin leads them into a room that held a mystic tree depicting the nine realms. He leads them to an ancient book, "There are relics that predate the universe itself. What lies within her appears to be one of them. The Nine Realms are not eternal. They had a dawn as they will have a dusk." he says before opening the enchanted book. "But before that dawn the dark forces, the Dark Elves, reigned absolute and unchallenged." Odin continues.

Thor walks over and reads from a book, "'Born of eternal night, the Dark Elves comes to steal away your light.' They were these stories mother told us as children." Thor says leaning on the table.

Asta follow reading over the book, "The stories are real?" she questions no one specifically, reading over confused.

Odin nods, "Their leader, Malekith made a weapon out of that darkness, it was called the Aether. While the other relics often appeared as stones, the Aether is fluid and ever changing. It changes matter into dark matter and seeks out to host bodies, drawing strength from their life force. Malekith sought to use the Aether's power to return the universe to one of darkness. But after eternities of blood shed, my father Bor, finally triumphed, ushering in the peace that lasted thousands of years." he tells them as the books imagines followed his words.

"What happened?" Jane questions as she looks over at the three.

"He killed them all." Odin says simply, looking over at her.

"Are you certain? The Aether was said to have been destroyed with them and yet here it is." Thor questions no longer leaning over the book.

"The Dark Elves are dead." Odin says stubbornly.

"Their power source lives on, what says they don't." Asta argues, holding her fathers glare with her own.

"Does your book happen to mention how to get it out of me?" Jane asks, gaining all their attention.

"No, it does not." Odin tells her before shutting the book, leaving the three.

____________
1049 words

Updating once a week until other books are back up. So enjoy!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake