2.6

Loki flies the ship towards a mountain causing Thor to look at him worried, "Loki!" Thor shouts at him.

Loki tilts his head in a shrug, "If it were easy everyone would do it." he replies unbothered that he was flying straight towards a giant rock.

"Are you mad?" Thor questions.

"Possibly. " Loki replies, flying faster towards the mountain, entering a hole that was in the mountain, the sides of the ship scraping with the walls as the ship goes faster. The momentum allows the ship to enter an invisible portal causing the four of them to no longer be in Asgard, but to be in Svartalfheim.

The ship hits the ground causing them to jolt a few times, "Ta-da." Loki says unenthused as they slow down, no longer hitting anything as they begin to fly smoothly.

Asta stands looking over the grey planet, destruction laid everywhere. "What I could do with the power that flows through those veins." Loki says with a sigh as Thor gives Jane something to cover herself as they flew.

Asta tensed for a moment, beginning to question her plan but knew she was doing the right thing. She was strong enough to contain it, to control it. "It would consume you." Thor tells him, taking a seat.

She won't let it consume her. "She's holding up alright, for now." Loki says, causing Asta to look over at Jane who had her back towards the brothers, eyes closed.

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know." Thor tells him.

"Say goodbye." Loki says a bit morbidly.

"Not this day." Thor denies.

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heart beat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you've prized will be snatched from you." Loki begins to argue causing Asta to sigh.

"And will that satisfy you?" Thor stands.

"Satisfaction is not in my nature." Loki retorts standing as well.

"Surrender not in mine." Thor rebuttles.

"The son of Odin." Loki mocks.

"No, not just of Odin! You think you alone were loved of mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust!" Thor was quick to say getting upset.

"Trust. Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die!" Loki shouts also upset. Asta pushes back her tears, not facing her brothers as she remembers seeing her mother. She looked brave and then in pain, but finally at peace.

"What help were you in your cell?" Thor argues upset shouting as well.

"Who put me there? Who put me there?!" Loki shouts louder, causing Thor to grab Loki getting in his face.

"You know damn well! You know damn well who!" Thor shouts just as loud, lifting his fist to punch Loki.

"Stop it!" Asta shouts, having enough of their arguments. Thor hesitant before lowering his hand and letting go of Loki, "Mother wouldn't want either of you arguing over this! And neither do I! Mistakes and decisions were made and now we must all live with them. So stop your Squabbling for one minute!" Asta shouts at the two brothers, making them stunned.

Asta rarely ever shouts, and when she does it was never in anger. But right now, she was angry and annoyed. They were all doing something extremely dangerous and if something bad happened she didn't want any of they're last memories to be of some petty fight. "Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked." Loki says calmly in a joke, causing the brothers to chuckle.

"I wish I could trust you." Thor says to Loki before turning away from him.

Loki stands once more, looking to Thor then to Asta then to Thor again, his face hard, "Trust my rage." he tells him.

They continue to fly in silence for a while, Jane had awaken not to long after the shouting and was sat next to Asta as Thor watched the sky awaiting for the Dark elves to appear. Asta felt a chill both her magic and the Aether energy alerting her that something was coming. The Aether consuming her eyes, while her magic tries to surface with here iris's fading in and out of gold.

Loki notices her eyes, looks to her both angry and concerned, "Asta what did you do?" he demands of her causing Thor and Jane to look towards the two.

Thor walks to her and sees her eyes causing him to step back, and look at Jane then his sister again. "Asta tell us what you've done!" Thor says angrily.

"You had your plan. I had mine." Asta says simply as her eyes fade back to normal.

"Your plan could of gotten you killed!" Thor shouts at her.

"If I did nothing, it could of gotten Jane killed!" Asta shouts back at him, standing to defend her point. "You don't feel this... Thing, growing the longer it stayed within Jane. She was growing weak, I had to do something." Asta attempted to reason with her brothers.

"We were already doing something Asta! That's what all of this was for!" Thor argues, upset with her sisters plan.

"Well she wouldn't have made it!!" Asta shouted, causing everyone to go silent. "I'm strong enough. What's done is done. Just continue your plan as normal, just with me instead of Jane." She continues more calmly.

"You should of told us." Loki says calmly, but clearly frustrated. "We could of worked out a way to-" Loki tries to explain but is stopped.

"To what? Keep the Aether in Jane? You gave me this gift to feel others growth, and when I decide to act on my gifts; when I decide to Protect someone. You scold me about it?" Asta says to her brother, questioning their reasoning.

Before anyone could reply to Asta, she turns to look out into the distance, her eyes being taken over by the Aether again. "Asta?" Loki questions, concern in his voice.

"They're here." was all she said before a ship descends from the sky. Loki quickly lands the ship they were on, and the four begin to walk to where the dark elves ship had landed. Malekith and his army begins to make their way in the direction the four where in.

"Alright, are you ready? Jane just stay behind us." Thor asks before looking to Jane.

Jane nods as does Asta, "I am." Loki says before the two brothers stand on the hill above where the dark elves were. "You know this plan of yours is going to get us killed." Loki says, while Asta stays seated next to Jane, her eyes unchanged from the Aethers effects.

"Yeah, possibly." Thor says as Loki holds up is cuffed hands, to be unlocked.

"You still don't trust me, brother?" Loki questions amused.

Thor sighs, unlocking the cuffs "Would you?" he counter questions as the cuffs fall at their feet.

"No, I wouldn't." Loki says before pulling a dagger out of no where and stabbing Thor, before pushing him off the hill they had stood upon.

__________________________

1169 words

Hope you enjoy the tension of Dark World.

Vote 

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake