2.1

Midgard is safe from Loki's destruction, and he must answer to his crime. Loki was led by many guards to the throne room. Chains adoring him with restrictions. In the Throne room was King Odin, who sat upon the throne. Queen Frigga, who stood off to the side, and next to her stood Princess Asta, upset but determined to witness this trial.

"Loki..." Frigga says softly once the prince stops near the two.

Loki turns to face them, "Hello Mother. Sister. Have I made you proud?" He questions them.

"Please don't make this worse..." Frigga tells him in a serious tone.

"Define 'Worse'." Loki says unbothered by her words.

"Loki don't." Asta says to him in a warning tone.

"Enough! I will speak to the prisoner alone." Odin instructs giving the two a look.

"But Father-" Asta begins to protest but is cut short.

"Go." was all Odin says to her. Frigga moves her arm around her daughter causing them to move away from Loki, to leave the two.

Asta stops behind a pillar, her mother giving her a warning look but leaves her, knowing she can not stop her daughter. She leans to look over the pillar, not in view of her father, but if she leaned to far the Guards and Loki would definitely notice her.

Loki chuckles, "I really don't see what all the fuss is about." he says to the Allfather as if he had done nothing wrong.

"Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes? Wherever you go there is war, ruin and death." Odin tells him, leaning forward in his throne.

"I went down to Midgard to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent god. Just like you." Loki explains as if he was justified.

"We are not gods. We are born, we live, we die. Just as humans do." Odin denies

Loki nods, shrugging "Give or take 5000 years." he replies unconvinced.

"All this because Loki desires a throne." Odin taunts leaning back again.

Loki's face hardens "It is my birthright." he replies loudly, but not shouting.

"Your birthright was to die as a child." Odin shouts leaning forward again, "Cast out onto a frozen rock. If I had not taken you in you would not be here now to hate me." Odin says much more calmly.

Loki takes a few steps forward, his chains rattling as he moves "If I am for the axe, then for mercy's sake, just swing it. It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just," He pauses "I don't love them." he says to the Allfather seriously. Asta quickly moves back to hide behind the pillar to avoid being seen, after a moment she looks over again and notices no one was looking towards her direction.

"Frigga and Asta are the only reason you are still alive and you will never see them again. You will spend the rest of your days in the dungeons." Odin tells Loki, stunning him at this knowledge. He would live and never see the only people he cares the most, his heart ached. He would rather die. No. He'd rather kill Odin for that ruling.

The Guards pull Loki back a few paces, "And what of Thor? You'll make that witless oaf king while I rot in chains?" Loki questions causing the guards to pause their movements.

"Thor must strife to undo the damage you have done. He will bring order to the nine realms and then, yes. He will be king." Odin informs him seriously.

Loki looks to Odin offended at his words, before thinking of something, "What of Asta? Are you going to lock her in this palace forever again." Loki questions harshly, knowing how controlling Odin was with the young woman.

"No. I will find her someone, and send her far away from here. From you and your manipulative words. And you will never ever see her again." Odin replies just as harsh, stunning Loki again. He knew this was not what she wanted. And he couldn't help but feel guilt, he caused this for her. The guards take Loki away after that, taking him all the way to the dungeon.

Asta was leaning against the pillar, hand over her mouth, tears building in her eyes. She was not made aware that she would never see Loki again nor the fact that she was to be sent off. She wanted to be free to explore and help realms like Thor is free to do, but she's only to be used as a royal pawn.

Asta was upset with Loki, but he gave her this title for a reason, and she wishes to use this gift to make someone proud. Who? For now her mother and brothers. Maybe after that, she can make herself proud.

_________________

801 words

Fun little intro for Dark World, I hope you're excited!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake