3.6

Ep. 16 End of the Beginning

pt.2

_______

The higher up Shield Agents had went out to try and find who they call, 'The Clairvoyant'. Which result in one of the Agents, Blake, getting attacked by Deathlok. But that also allowed Shield to get a lead with Thomas Nash.

Simmons was requested by Hand to stay at the Shield Hub to help out with Deathlok knowledge to hopefully stop him so that they can get who they thought was the Clairvoyant. Fitz and Asta accompanied the scientist as she packed her equipment.

"Honestly, I don't know how much more you can tell them. Who knows what else they've done to the man?" Fitz complained to his best friend while the two girls fix stuff into secure places as they pack.

"Or how much man is left at all. Regardless, S.H.I.E.L.D. sees us as the resident expert on the Deathlok program." Simmons tells him, taking a small box from Asta's hands to check it over. Inside the box were vials of blood. "If they want me to stay here, at The Hub, then that's that." she continues.

"Well, don't you seem awfully chipper to pick up and leave me by my lonesome." Fitz complains some more.

"You wont be alone. You'll have Asta with you." Simmons tells him unbothered.

"Well until she's called away at any given moment. You are still to chipper." he says giving his friend a frown.

"Do I?" she questions, as she goes to grab some paperwork.

Fitz follows her as Asta leans against the desk crossing her arms as she watches them go back and forth. "Yes. I wonder, could it be because The Hub's lab facilities are much more comprehensive than ours?" He questions her.

"In case I'd like to run a molecular breakdown of Skye's blood?" Simmons says before looking up at him, "Yes. Brilliant deduction, Dr. Watson." she says giving him a smile.

"I've always pictured you as Watson." he tells her as she walks back to put the papers in her bag.

"What's a Watson?" Asta questions, not understanding their reference.

"You." Simmons points to Fitz, giving him a look, "Educate her on Sherlock while I'm gone." she tells him seriously.

Fitz rolls his eyes but nods, agreeing that she should read the books, "Either way, if you're gonna do this, you're gonna need my help. At some point, one way or another, eventually." he tells her moving past the nerd moment. 

"Well, I wouldn't go that far." Simmons tells him.

"I'll Jerry up an encrypted hard line so we can stay in touch. Don't want the rest of The Bus overhearing what we're saying." Fitz comes up with.

Before the conversation could continue, Agent Trip enters, "Ready to go?" he asks Simmons.

Simmons looks up in surprise, "Agent Triplett. Are you staying at The Hub as well?" she asks him.

"Yeah, Garrett's keeping me here. Help brief the teams on our most recent run-in with the cyber solider. Don't mind the company, do you?" he explains, asking her.

"No, not at all." she tells him. Both Trip and Simmons eyes not leaving each others. Asta notices this, and looks between the two of them. Before looking to Fitz who just looks confused.

"Fitz, why don't we let Simmons finish. We've distracted her enough." Asta says, snapping everyone out of their heads.

"Oh- uh, well..." Fitz attempts to think of an excuse but just stutters. Asta gives Simmons a side hug, "Good luck." she tells her friend before grabbing Fitz's hands and drag him out of the room, leaving Simmons and Trip behind.