4.1

Natasha and Steve stood in a secret underground base held within an old S.H.I.E.L.D bunker on an abandoned military base. They were currently trying to get answers from one Arnim Zola, who was a computer.

"Project Insight requires insight. So I wrote an algorithm." Zola tells the pair.

"What kind of algorithm? What does it do?" Natasha was quick to question the vague scientist.

"The answer to your question is fascinating. Unfortunately, you shall be too dead to hear it." Zola says ominously, suddenly the exit doors close and Steve attempts to stop it with his shield only for it to bounce off.

Natasha's phone beeps, "Steve, we got a bogey. Short range ballistic. 30 seconds tops." she says seeing the information.

He looks to her, "Who fired it?" Steve questions worried.

"S.H.I.E.L.D." she replies.

" I am afraid I have been stalling, Captain." Zola tells him honestly, as Steve looks around the room for an escape. "Admit it, it's better this way." Zola continues as Steve sees an opening on the floor, going to it and taking the metal off of it allowing the two to jump down. "We're both of us...out of time." Zola finishes.

Fear fills Natasha as she runs to the whole, waiting for the explosion to hit, "ASTA!" she calls out as Steve tries to cover them with his Shield, jumping down. As if time stood still, Asta stood before them instantly. And without hesitation she put her magic shield before the three of them as the explosion hit the building. Steve didn't notice the Goddess but Natasha did. The debris hit and crashed all around them.

Asta struggles from the blast, and the red head notices. "Asta." She calls to the blonde, causing the girl to look at her and Steve to finally notice her. "You can do this. We practiced this." Natasha reassures her friend. The Princess nods, continuing to focus on blocking the explosion from getting to them. 

Debris began to fall close and heavier around them, "Ahh." Asta lets out a small shout at big piece of concrete hit the shield directly above her.

"Asta come here and drop it." Steve demands seeing her hands shake.

"No I can do this." she denies closing her eyes to focus more.

"Asta, its okay. Just come here." Natasha tries to help. But Asta doesn't reply.

Steve reaches over and pulls the blonde to them, covering them with his shield as her concentration is broken and the rubble falls around them. As the dust settles, Steve moves to the concrete that blocks them in, leaving the girls sit next to one another. He groans but was able to get them a way out. 

"Steve, I need some help here." Natasha tells the captain as the Blonde princess slumps next to her from over excursion of her magic and strength.

Steve goes over to the two, and helps Natasha stand before picking up Asta. "We gotta go." Steve says seeing the distant lights of ships approaching their location. She nods and they rush off.

_____________

The only place Steve thought the three of them could go was Sam Wilson's house. With the Princess still asleep, they arrive knocking on the man's sliding door. Sam opens it, looking at them concerned seeing their disheveled state and the girl in the captains arms. "Hey man." Sam greets confused.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve tells his new friend truthfully.

"She needs to rest. And everyone we know is trying to kill us." Natasha chimes in.

"Not everyone." Sam tells them allowing them to enter his home, looking around before closing the door.

Sam directs them to a spare room, allowing Steve to lay Asta down as they clean up. Natasha showered, followed by Steve. Then the princess finally woke up. "You feeling okay Space Girl?" the red head questions as she helps her friend sit up.

"I've felt worse." Asta jokes, but sees the concern in her friends eyes, she shifts to look at her hands, "I'm okay. What about you? You sounded so scared when you called for me." she says, looking back over to Natasha.

"I feel better. Thank you for showing up. I just thought the worse and figured we could use some help." Natasha explains.

"I'm glad I was just fast enough to get to you." Asta says softly.

Natasha gives her a soft smile, "When Steve gets out, you should shower to relax and get cleaned up." She suggests, earning a nod.

Steve opens the door, earning the two's attention. "Asta, glad to see you're okay." he says to her.

"Same to you Captain." she replies with a smile.

Steve looks between the two women with a thoughtful look, "Asta, I know it might be a lot to ask, but are you willing to stay and help us out?" Steve asks the Asgardian.

"Sure, anything you need. I'll try my best." she replies honestly. Steve gives her a smile of appreciation.

"All yours princess." Steve tells her as he exits the bathroom. She gives him a nod, as she enters the room to get cleaned up.

________________

After getting cleaned up, Asta decided to use magic to change her clothing to be more casual like Natasha's. With her hair still a bit wet she exits the bathroom. The room she had previously been in was empty. The others had moved to the kitchen to discuss all that had went down, and get Sam up to speed.

The princess wandered through the house, finding them all discussing around the table. "I thought you said you were a pilot." Steve questions Sam as he was looking over a file.

Asta stays by the door as she listens to them plan. " I never said pilot." Sam replies.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason." Steve argues.

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam replies unbothered.

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" Steve questions, referring to what was on the file.

"The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve-inch steel wall." Sam explains, crossing his arms.

Steve looks to Natasha who shrugs then to Asta who gives a nods, " Shouldn't be a problem." he tells Sam placing the file on the table.

__________________

1072 words

The start of the new adventure!

Are you excited?

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of Luv~ snowflake