5.1

Season 1 Ep. 21 - Ragtag 

pt. 1

_______________

Coulson's S.H.I.E.L.D team were still working hard to try and take down those who were a part of Hydra. Unfortunately Fitz and Simmons were caught and were taken to the bus that had been stolen by Hydra. As the two scientist were escorted by random agents, Fitz had a plan.

"Colson will find us, won't he?" Simmons questions rather nervously.

"Man won't rest until every HYDRA agent is either dead or behind bars." Fitz replies, rather loudly to make sure all the agents hear him. It was then he decided to enact his small plan. As they walked through their old lab, Fitz grabbed a rolling equipment cart and tossing it behind him and Simmons blocking the agents. "Go!" he shouts, allowing the two to run giving them some space to hopefully escape or call their team.

Fitz was quick to close and lock a door behind, officially blocking the hydra agents from getting them, buying even more time. Continuing down another hall, the two continue running until they spot Ward who was climbing down a ladder and had spotted them.

Panic'd, Fitz went to his last plan, "Astaaa!" he shouts, fear and panic clear in his tone.

And thankfully, his 'prayer' was answered. Asta appeared before the three agents, her shield quickly up in front of her as Fitz-Simmons stood behind her, and Ward on the other side. Asta looks at Ward, confused. "Ward?" she questions, going to lower her hands and lower the shield.

"No!" "No! Keep it up!" both Simmons and Fitz shout in fear, and she listens.

Looking over her shoulder at her two science friends, she still looks confused, "I'm missing something, but are you two okay?" she questions ignoring Ward at this point.

"We're fine." Simmons reassures her.

"Yeah if you count being taken over by hydra fine." Fitz says sarcastically.

Asta's eyes widen at his words, "Hydra? They're here?" she asks, even more concerned.

"You know about Hydra?" Simmons questions rather anxiously as Fitz continued to glance at Ward through the shield.

"Long story. Sorry, "Asta pauses before facing Ward again, "is he Hydra?" she questions.

"Yes!" both scientist say rather quickly and loudly.

Ward just gives her a half smile, "Sorry to disappoint princess." he tells.

She frowns and glares at him, "You don't get to call me that." she tells him rather emotionless, before looking back to her friends, "Go. I'll handle him." she tells them.

"What should we do?" Simmons questions, confused.

"Whatever you two were going to do before I got here." Asta tells them before face Ward again.

"Come on." Fitz says before leading Simmons away.

As their footsteps faded out, the blonde got a better look at the traitor before her. He had his gun drawn already but it was facing the ground. She took a few steps back before summoning her own gun. Pointing it at him she lowers her shield. "Leave them alone." she demands.

Ward shook his head, "Can't do that. I've been given my orders." he tells her honestly, slowly raising his gun to aim at her.

Asta scoffs, "Orders? They were your friends weren't they? Why stick to a regime that has fallen? You've lost. Why continue with their orders?" she says to him, trying to understand.

He lets out an humorless chuckle, "You wouldn't understand. Now lower your weapon, and surrender. They don't want you dead, but that doesn't mean I won't hurt you." he threatens.

She gives him a challenging smile, "I'd like to see you try." she say before quickly aiming and shooting at his legs making him get distracted and avoid getting hit. Using the distraction to her advantage, moving to kick Ward's gun out of his grip, which was successful as it went flying down to hall behind the Agent.

Ward looks at her shocked, "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I forget to mention I train with Black Widow?" she mocks to him. "I'm surprised it worked honestly. Now, what was that about surrendering?" she questioned him, turning the table to be in her favor.

The shock faded from his face, "Impressive but I'm not backing down." he tells her before pulling out a knife and rushing her.

Using her magic, she knocks him back, causing him to fall and roll on the ground. "Always with the knives." she mumbles to herself. She switches her gun for her daggers as he stands again. He smirks before rushing again, dodging her magic blasts. She avoids his knife sweep, and he avoids hers. The pair basically going hand to hand with a few punches here and there, a slice on the arm whenever they both got close with the weapons.

Asta didn't use her magic again until she got hit hard, as she blocked another punch, Ward was able to stab his knife into her shoulder. The shoulder that was still recovering from a gunshot wound she had gotten from the Winter Solider. "Ahh." she let out a small shriek. Using a lot of energy with her magic she pushes Ward away from her hard, sending him down to the other end of the hallway, rolling by the time he hit the wall. With a groan she pulls out the knife, tossing it on the ground.

She looked to where Ward was, he laid there unmoving, but breathing. "Stay." she mumbles, before making her way down the hall Fitz and Simmons had went town. "Fitz? Simmons?" She calls out, not to loudly as to cause any unnecessary attention to her.

"Asta!" Fitz's voice reaches her from around another corner. Turning it, she's met with Fitz on the other side of a door at the end of that hall. Rushing over she let out a sigh of relief.  "Y-you're bleeding." Fitz points out in shock.

"She's what!?" Simmons says before moving her Fitz's side, looking at the princess on the other side of the glass door. "Are you alright?" she questions in concern.

"I'll be fine. He only stabbed where I already had a bullet wound." Asta tells her honestly, a bit annoyed at the pain she was in.

"Bullet wound?!" Fitz questions in shock and confusion.

But the princess just shakes her head, "Again, long story." she says to them, knowing it wasn't the time.

"Okay, open the door Fitz she needs to stop the bleeding and I need to give her first aid." Simmons tells her friend anxiously looking and gesturing to the door pad.

"Right." Fitz mutters, typing into the the key pad next to the door. On Asta's side of the door the the red light on the panel turns green and the door opens. "Okay. Let's-" Fitz starts before looking up.

A gun shot was heard causing Fitz and Simmons to flinch and Asta to raise a shield around her and the doorway. "Gotcha." Ward's voice from down the hall gets the scientists attention.

"Fitz..." Asta whispers in a shaky voice in shock.

Fitz and Simmons turn their wide eyes to her, seeing her hands holding her abdomen, a bullet with blood at their feet.  Simmons gasps, covering her mouth in shock. "No." Fitz whispers as they see the blood begin to stain her clothes around her hands.

___________________

1211 Words

Bam!

Hope you enjoy!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of Luv ~snowflake