3.2

Yes Men

pt. 2

__________

Asta wandered around whilst Sif talked with Agent Coulson. She found herself in another lab, this one filled with more equipment then the last one that was more screens then tech. She spotted an Agent from earlier with his back towards the door where she stood. 

"So are you a healer Doctor, or a Science Doctor?" Asta questions as she hesitantly enters the lab.

Fitz turns to face her in surprise not expecting her in his lab, "Oh, uh Science. Well specifically I'm an engineer." he tells her, biting his tongue to keep from rambling and boring the princess.

Asta tilts her head, giving him a smile, "You're accent is different from everyone else's, where are you from?" she questions, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Fitz meets her eyes, seeing the familiar glint of curiosity that him and Simmons would get when it came to anything they would research. He returns her smile, his nerves calming a bit more. "I'm from Scotland. It's, uh, near England." he tells her.

She nods, "I'll be sure to visit then. I enjoy you're accent, it's interesting." she compliments, or tries to. 

Fitz lets out a nervous chuckle, "Thank you Princess." he replies.

"No need to call me princess. I'm on a... Royal break, you could say." she tells him.

He nods, "Got it, just Asta then. Uh, so.." Fitz attempts to think of something to say but falls short.

Asta looks around at the weapons that were on a table, "You must be really smart then. Did you create these?" she questions, looking over at him who stood across from her at the table.

Fitz's eye light up a bit, "Yes, I did. Here, these are called ICERS. Its an updated version of a previous gun I made. I just made them more efficient and bigger or smaller depending on who we are up against." he explained as he points to them.

Before the two could continue conversing, Agents Ward and May enter the lab. "Probably where Lorelei's hiding out. Meeting a S.H.I.E.L.D. convoy there in 10." Ward says as he was talking to May.

"Good. Then you can show off these beauties." Fitz tells them, gesturing to the guns that were on the table. 

Asta moves to the end of the table as they approach looking them over. Ward whistles at the sight, seeming impressed. "These all Night-night guns?" Ward questions.

"Based on the same technology, but we're not calling them that anymore." Fitz tells them, getting excited as before.

Ward grabs one of the hand guns, holding it up to test, "About time." he says.

"Their called I.C.E.R.S. Incapacitating Cartridge Emitting-" Fitz begins to explain but stops once Ward turns the one in his hands on.

"They're great." Ward tells him, putting the gun back down facing the scientist, "And you lost the ounce." he smiles, patting Fitz on the back.

"And I tripled the stopping power." Fitz says, also patting Ward on the back, causing the smile on the Agents face to drop.

"I'm impressed." Asta tells the scientist as looks at the gun that May was examining.

Fitz gives her a smile before grabbing one of the bigger guns, "But I did realize after our run ins with Mike and Centipede..." Fitz starts to explain, accidently pointing it at May causing her to quickly point it away from her.

"Whoa." she warns him.

"Sorry. Um, that we needed something stronger, better." Fitz tells them, more serious and less excited as he hands it over for Ward to examine.