2.3

Asta walks down to the dungeon, no one turning to question her for they could not see her. She had casted a spell upon herself to go unnoticed. She was not allowed down here, upon orders from Odin. But given how she is more angry with Odin then Loki she decided to go see him.

She arrives to the cell holding Loki, only to stop seeing a projection of her mother in the cell with him. 'So we both are defying rules' Asta thinks to herself, as she makes her way to stay next to a pillar, as she watched them converse.

"I was merely giving truth to the lie that I had been fed my entire life, that I was born to be a king." Loki spoke as he wandered around his cell.

"A king? A true king admits his faults. What of the lives you took on Earth?" Frigga attempts to reason with him.

"A mere handful compared to the number that Odin has taken himself." Loki argues facing Frigga once more.

"Your father-" Frigga begins but is cut off.

"He's not my father!" Loki shouts at her, stunning her and Asta for a moment.

"Then am I not your mother?" Frigga questions calmly, causing Loki to hesitate for a moment.

"You're not." he tells her finally.

Frigga lets out a sad chuckle, "Always so perceptive about everyone but yourself." she tells him with a sad smile. She holds her hands out to him and he moves to grab her hands but only to go through the projection, before she disappears from the cell.

Asta takes that opportunity to walk towards his cell, entering with ease due to her magic and casting an illusion around them so that they may talk undisturbed. "Quite a conversation you had." Asta says, causing Loki to tense before turning to face her.

He raises an eyebrow at her, "You shouldn't be here." he tells her.

Asta shrugs wandering around the cell, "I shouldn't be doing many things, yet here we are." she tells him, looking over at some of the books he had placed on a table.

Loki walks over to stand on the other side of the table, "I do not wish for you to get in trouble." he tells her seriously.

Asta scoffs, "Please, how much more punishment could I possibly get? Odin already plans to send me away, for what going to Midgard?" she says with an eye roll.

Loki looks at her sadly, "He told you?" he questions.

Asta looks at him and shakes her head, "No, but I heard what he said to you." she informs him. She sighs, before giving him a small smile, "I'll have you know I will be fighting him on it. If I'm going anywhere it's on my terms, not his." she tells him, gaining a chuckle out of her brother.

"Why are you here Asta?" Loki questions, becoming serious again.

"I came to see my brother." she pauses to see his reaction, not seeing any change she raises an eyebrow. "That is of course you still think of me as your sister." she taunts him over his rude words towards their mother.

Loki sighs, "Of course you heard that." he mutters turning around.

Asta chuckles, "Loki I think the whole nine realms heard you." she jokes before walking over to stand in front of him. "I wanted to let you know that I am not mad at you." she tells him truthfully, causing him to look at her confused. "Don't be mistaken, I am very annoyed with you, and a tad bit disappointed. But I could never be mad at you. You are my brother; my best friend. I hope you never forget that." she tells him softly and sincerely.

Loki looks at her, attempting to push down his emotions but failing as tears begin to gather in his eyes. Slowly Loki raises his hand to her face, hesitant to touch her, thinking she was also an illusion, before finally touching her cheek. He gasps lightly allowing himself to cry, overjoyed that she was actually here with him. He hugs her, tears falling and she returns the gesture, "I'm sorry..." Loki whispers as he just holds her.

"I know. It's okay. You're okay. I'm always here, whenever you need me." she replies with a whispers as she comforts him. It felt like a lifetime ago the last time Loki allowed himself to be this vulnerable. But he knew that with Asta, he was safe.

__________

After sometime spent with Loki, Asta steps out of the cell, once again drawing no attention. "You're power has grown quite impressive." Loki says from inside the cell as he touches the barrier that now separates them.

She gives him a smile, "Well I've had some great teachers." she tells him earning another chuckle from him as he goes to lay on his bed. "I'll be sure to find more books for you to read that are far more interesting." Asta says as a joke.

But shouting from somewhere else in the dungeon catches the twos attention. The energy to some of the lights dim for a moment, causing them to look around in confusion. Before a loud roar could be heard. Asta jumps in surprise at the noise as Loki sits up. The Guards near by rush in the direction of the roar.

Asta moves a bit to see what could possible be happening, "Asta, leave. Now." Loki demands of her, unsure of what was happening.

She holds up her hand, slowly walking away to get a better look. Sparks from a cell could be seen even from how far Asta stood. A big creature exits the cell and immediately begins to attack the guards, taking them out with ease.

Asta freezes once the creature begins to open the cells one by one, releasing the prisoners. Out of shock, she hadn't realized her illusion faltered around herself. She begins to back away once many prisoners spot her. She stumbles her way back to Loki's cell, avoiding being grabbed or hit, using her magic once again to enter. 

But before she could fully step in one of the prisoners attempted to grab her leg, causing her to trip as she enters, falling and hitting her head, knocking her out as the cell once again closes. Loki was quick to go to her seeing her unconscious but still breathing causes him to sigh in relief, picking her up, placing her on his bed before standing to watch the chaos outside his cell.

The creature that started all this chaos stops outside of Loki's cell. The two eyeing one another. The creature taking a few steps closer before leaving him in the cell, walking away. "You might want to take the stairs on the left." Loki tells the creature, causing it to look at him before exiting the dungeon.

Loki moves to grab a book, before taking a seat next to the cell wall looking over at Asta every once and awhile hoping she will awaken soon. As if his thoughts had been answered she awakens with a gasp before sitting up.

"Asta? Are you alright?" Loki was quick to his feet and to her side. But what he saw stunned him. Her once hazel eyes were a glowing Gold. The same gold the Bifrost creates when shielding Asgard. "Asta?" he questions once more.

"They're coming." she whispers, before blinking the gold dissipating leaving her eyes the familiar hazel hues. She looks to Loki confused, "What happened?" she asks him.

Loki looks at her intrigued and concerned, "You hit your head, are you alright?" he questions her again.

She nods before gasping again, the gold returning causing Loki to sit on the bed facing her, placing a hand on her arm, "What is it?" he attempts to ask her.

Her golden eyes show fear, "Protection is gone. They're here. They are in Asgard."

_____________________________

1325 Words

Ahh Asta's powers are showing.

I hope you enjoyed!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv ~snowflake