Chapter 61

It's past 5 pm.

I can feel the breeze here on the rooftop getting colder and colder. The sun has set. I drank half of the wine I ordered, and my lipstick left a mark on the wine glass.

Still no signs of him.

I opened my phone, hoping to receive a message or call from him that he couldn't make it. I don't want to think that at some point he'll stand me up.

As I opened my phone, there was not a single message or email from him. Not even a single missed call.

"Ma'am, would you like to order now?" the waitress asked.

"Sorry, I'm waiting for someone. Is it possible to extend your catering services for a few more hours?" I responded.

"Surely, Ma'am. But I'm afraid we can only stay here until 8PM as we have another event to cater. And extending a few more hours is already past our contract." she calmly said.

I nodded and smiled bitterly. "Don't worry, I'll pay an additional for this."

A few minutes later, fireworks started to lit up the sky. He's not coming.

I arranged everything. The venue, food, and the fireworks to formally tell him how I really feel. But he stood me up. I can't wait another hour.

I grabbed my bag with teary eyes.

"Here. Thank you for your service. I'll send the additional payment tomorrow." the waitress gratefully received the payment from my hand and looked at me pitiful.

I wiped the tears flowing from my eyes as I switched on the engine of my car. I left the building with a broken heart hoping that everything will just end. 

Kasabay ng pag-iyak ko ang pag buhos naman ng ulan. Halos hindi ko na makita ang kalsada dahil sa lakas ng ulan at paglalabo ng mga mata ko. I screamed so hard and slapped my steering wheel.

"Fuck! Fuck it!" 

Pinunasan ko ang mga luha ko but the next thing I knew there was a truck in front of my car.

||R.A||

RAENA ALMEDA