Chapter 21

"I may be

the one

walking away,

but

you're

the one

that's

leaving." -Daryl Dixon

May 28:

It's been around 3 weeks since being in hospital and knowing I have a little human growing in my whom. The doctors think I am not far off from being 9 weeks pregnant but to make sure we are having an ultrasound to see whether I am having one or two babies.

I quickly got out of my laying state in my bed and walked to the bathroom. Luke is still fast asleep so I left him tangled in the sheets. I turn the shower water on and start to strip off my pjs. As the water started to became warmer and fill the bathroom with steam, I decided to get in the shower and let the warmth consume me. I started putting shampoo and conditioner through my short hair as I washed my face. I grabbed the body wash and started to scrub all over my body. As I get out I grab the pink towel closet to me on the rack and walk back into the bedroom to grab a black bra and underwear. I stand in front of the mirror as I put the towel through my light brown hair and stare at my skinny figure. Still only skin and bone. I have started to get a little baby bump already which I think this baby will be a big one. As I stood there, Luke came from behind me and kissed my neck.

"Good morning Princess."

I turn around and kissed his lips. As our lips collided, my arms moved to his neck as his were on my waists. As we pull away, I smile at him.

"Good morning Prince."

"You ready for the ultrasound?"

Luke asked as he held my hands. It's my birthday on June 1st (which is in 5 days) and my Mother is still in a coma. They don't even know if she will ever wake up and to be honest, neither do I.

"Well I guess I should go get some actual clothes on.."

I say remembering I am only in a bra and underwear. Luke smirked at me as he looked down at me.

"Don't even think about it."

"Oh I already did."

he states with a grin. I slap him with the towel as he chuckled in response.

+++

So we are finally dressed and in the car on the way to our appointment. We decided to bring Drew and Bella with us as I thought a day out might be healthy for us all as we are all very stressed and tired. I decided to wear a blue long sleeve shirt with leggings and uggs. Jez what would I do without my uggs! Since we left, Bella has been talking non-stop about how much she wants a niece or nephew (but apparently rathers a niece).

When we got there, we were in straight away for the ultrasound sound as they were running early in the morning and we were the second appointment. The lady put the weird gel on my stomach and looked at the screen showing my little baby in my stomach.

"Well you are definetely around 7-9 weeks pregnant. I don't know what gender it is as it is still too early but I think it will be a girl."

The lady said grinning and giving me a wink. Bella gave me a toothless grin.

"Hay it isn't a definite Bella."

Luke said playfully. I laughed and looked at the screen.

"It's so small but yet big?"

I say looking at the nurse. She laughed at me and gave me a soft smile.

"It won't feel small when it comes out."

she said as she pointed her finger at me.

"Believe me, I am a parent of 3 kids and they are triplets."

"I hope I only have one. I don't think I could handle another at the moment."

I said looking at my hands in my lap. Luke grabbed my hands and held them in his warm ones giving me a sad look.