Chapter 18

After a week in the hospital, I finally persuaded the doctors to be able to go home but Luke or someone had to be supervising me 24/7 because they don't "trust" me enough. How lovely. I have been home for an hour now and I am laying on my bed starring in space, until Luke knocks on my bedroom door. I sat up from my laying position as Luke's head pops from the side of the door. I smiled as he slowly made his way to my bed and sat next to me. "Have you had a shower?" I look at him for a second and shake my head. I feel a blush creep on my cheeks. I forgot to shower because I was daydreaming. Luke smiled as he guided me to the bathroom. He turned the shower on and turned around so I could undress. I strip my clothes off and stand in the warmth of the shower water and start putting shampoo and conditioner in my hair. I grab the vanilla creamy body wash Drew got me the other day at the shops and grabbed the yellow wash duck and scrubbed myself. As I was about to do my back, I felt Luke grab the duck and scrub my back for me. I smiled as I looked at the bathroom floor. He will be a perfect Father, I thought to myself. When Luke was finished he turned off the shower and rapped me in a towel and left a kiss on the side of my neck. I turned around and got on my tippy toes to kiss his soft lips. I miss this. I smiled at him and walked slowly out the bathroom because of my wet feet and into my bedroom to get dry and dressed. I grabbed a pair of light blue denim jeans, a pink light shirt with a kitten on it and a black cardigan over the top with some boots. I looked at Luke who was sitting on the bed starring at me. I stared back and walked over to him and sat next to him. I leaned my head onto his shoulder and signed, I need to stay calm and not be stressed or the baby could come early and at the moment I don't want that. My mother has not awaken from her comar in the hospital, I haven't heard from my so called sister -Thank God and my brother and little sister are going to stay at my Aunts for awhile with my cousins while all of this crap is happening. It's only Luke and I in the house, Luke's decided to sell his house and move in with us because there is no point going from one house to another. Drew was a bit annoyed at first but he understood that it was either Luke moved in or I leave with Luke and Drew didn't want to loose another family member.

As I laid my head on Luke's shoulder for a few minutes, I could feel Luke tense a little. I looked up at him with confusion and he looked at the floor. "I didn't tell you what I did when I left the hospital and it's been bugging me since." I was still confused until I remembered - the blood and him drunk. I nodded for him to go on and laced our hands together. "That day when I, we found out you were pregnant. I was beyond happy -" I cut him off. "You didn't seem like it. Looked like you were trying to run as fast as possible away from me." I said looking at him with hurt. "That was until I remembered that my mother committed suicide and my father was an abusive ass." He looked at me. "Can I go on?" He playfully glared at me and I nodded to continue. "That's when I walked out of the hospital room and outside for a bit to get my head around being a father with no experience or guidance. Then Drew rang me saying you weren't breathing I totally freaked and ran back to see you because I thought I lost you, again. When I asked what happened and you didn't even bother to tell me what happened I felt hurt so I left and went to a pub and gambled for hours and I got into a punch up with the bar manager and a few other workers." I looked at him and put my forehead on his shoulder. "Why? Why did you gamble and get drunk?" I say as I looked at our hands still laced together.

"Because I thought you didn't love me anymore."