Chapter 31

"You have to tell Luke Hope. He needs to know."

I shook my head as tears began to fall down my cheeks. It's been 4 weeks since I came back and now my cancer has became stronger than ever. I sobbed in my chair as Mel embraced me in a hug as I cried even harder. She tried to calm me down but she just couldn't. I had less than 3 weeks to live. My bruising has gotten worse and most of my hair as began to fall out. I won't even live to my daughters first birthday? What is this?

"How the hell does one try to get out of this cancer life? Because every door is locked and I don't have a key."

I whisper as I looked at the carpet.

"You try to make your own key."

Mel said still hugging me.

++++

I got home 3 hours later from my appointment and realised that Luke must still be at his mates with Hope. I grabbed my phone and texted Steven and Dia.

Me: Can be meet up in an hour?

I looked at my phone for what seemed like hours until I got a text back.

Dia: Sure. The normal?

Me: Yep

Steven: Alright see you then.

I signed as I decided to go in my bathroom and take Luke's shaver. I covered my shoulders with a towel to prevent hair being stuck on my long sleeve shirt. I turned the shaver on and let my hair disappear from my head to my shoulders. I knew I had to do this or all my hair would fall out one by one infront of Luke. I took a quick shower and got changed into a black bra and undies with jeans, a black tank top and a blue jacket. I grabbed my vollies on the way out as well as my black beanie and handbag. I locked the front door behind me and began walking. Mel said I may as well live my life to the fullest in the next 3 weeks so I'm going to walk to the cafe.

By the time I got to the cafe I was on the verge of dropping dead I was so tired. I saw Steven and Dia smile and wave as they saw I spotted them at a table. They both hugged me as I got to arm length away.

"So how have you been?"

Steven asked with curiousty in his eyes. I looked at him and put a weak smile on my face.

"The truth or the lie?"

"Truth."

Dia says quickly making me look at her.

"I have less than 3 weeks to live.. My cancers worsen and I can't even bring myself to tell Luke."

I looked at the cup of water in front of me and sip it. Steven and Dia were both in shock as Dia began to have tears down her cheeks.

"But it... How are you feeding Angel?"

Steven's voice began to turn crocky as he fought the tears.

"I still have to give her baby formula.. I don't want to risk giving her cancer from breast feeding if she already doesn't have it passed on by me."

I looked at Dia and took her hands as well as Stevens.

"But you need to promise me something.."

"Anything."

Both Steven and Dia answered.

"Take good care of both of them and the rest of my family. They can't go through this by themselves and neither can you guys."

They nodded and smiled softly.

"I love you guys."

"I love you to Hope."

++++++