Chapter 22

"Maybe some people just don't

know what simple is when they see it" - Sugar

As we got home I decided to do a diary entry about the ultrasound so I walked into my room and grabbed the hiden journal from under the bed underneath the mattress.

Dear Diary,

Me again, yes I know. Have you gotten annoyed of me yet? probably. Anyway, I had an ultrasound today and brought Luke, Drew and Bella with me. Bella was so excited, she even seemed more excited than me. I am excited to have a baby but I am worried about one thing.

My cancer.

It could strike me anytime or worse, the baby. What if my cancer is carried on to this baby I have growing in my womb? What will I do?

I guess we can only hope and see what the future holds for this baby and it's future.

I put the journal back in its hiding place and walked out my bedroom and to the front yard. I planted my ass on the steps and looked around my surroundings. It's chilly but I didn't seem to mind. I smiled at the little kids playing and messing around on the other side of the street with their black pug. It made me feel warm in my heart when I saw kids like this have fun. They are innocent little creatures that don't have a care in the world because they don't need to understand the life facts of this world.

"Hey Hope!"

I looked to my left and saw Steven and Dia walking down the street.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?"

I smiled and gave them a hug which they thankfully gave back.

"We were told you are prego!"

Dia pactically screams in delight. I laughed at her and her childish.

"Yes but it's very early stages."

"Where's Luke?"

Steven asked curiously. I shrugged and realised, he's probably with Drew and Bella.

"I think he is out with Drew and Bell. Would you guys want to go inside?"

They nodded and followed me back inside. I turned the TV on to American Horror Story because this was a thing we watched together no matter if we were sick or traveled out of state, we always watched it together.

For hours we just kept watching all the seasons of AHS over and over again until Luke, Drew and Bella decided to make an appearance in the doorway, grinning at us all huddled together in the fluffy blanket. As I looked at them I realised, they got pizza and spaghetti. Both Dia and I turned to eachother and grinned. We ran at them and stole the pizza and spaghetti and began to eat while everyone was still standing besides Steven because his eyes were glued to TV screen. Luke laughed at us and decided to move me from my chair and onto his lap at the dinner table while Bella sat on Drew's and Steven sat next to Dia. Dia and Steven ended up arguing over the spaghetti as they both seemed to pig out on it.

+++

After tea, we realised that it was getting late and said our goodbyes to Steven and Dia as they were going to their Aunties for a few weeks as their parents wanted to spend time with some of the family.

"I'm going to miss your birthday!"

Dia screamed with frustration as did Steven.

"Yeah but you can FaceTime me okay? even once every few days or once every week. Just message me first though."

When Dia and Steven left I decided to head back to my bedroom with Luke trailing behind me. I collapsed on my bed and looked at the ceiling. I turned my head to see Luke just staring at me.

"What?"

I asked him with a confused look. Luke just smiled at me sheepishly.

"You will be a perfect mother."

Luke says as he came and kissed my soft lips.

"And you will be the perfect child."

He says as he moved to my growing stomach and kissed my stomach. I smiled at him until my phone started to ring and ruined the adorable movement. I quickly grabbed it and sat up right.

"Hello?"

I say into the phone. Who is calling at like 11pm? someone who is desperate?

"Hello is this Miss Hope Primose?"

I looked at Luke and started to get worried.

"Yes it is.."

I answer when I found enough courage.

"Your mother has just awoke from her coma."

I started to shake unconditionally and tears started to fall down my cheeks. I hang up and started crying as Luke enblaced me in a hug.

"She's awake.. she's actually awake."

I whispered shakily.

She's awake.