Chapter 16

But what about

what about

angels? -Birdy

Everything stopped in that moment of time after those few words 'You're pregnant.' I froze in my bed and looked at the wall closet to the doctor. I questioned myself, is this some joke or prank? Natalie loves to do pranks. Maybe this is all a prank or a dream and I'll be in my bed with Holly and Molly sleeping next to me. Police still can't find Natalie so maybe she's hiding, hiding from investigators.

"I should let you have some peace now so you can think about this", he said "this diaster." I looked at the doctor and wanted to bash his face in. HOW DARE HE?! he doesnt know me or Luke. We may be teenagers but who really gives two fks at the moment. From the expression on his face, he knew I was pissed so he speed walked out the room shutting the door behind him. I looked over to see Luke with his head in his hands. "I'm so sorry Luke.... If I didn't-" I tried to apoligize to him but he just stood up and walked to the wall. "I'm gonna go get some fresh air." and with that he walked out the room without a word. I looked at the door for minutes until reality hit me and I began to cry. I cuddled myself into a ball and tried to reasure myself it was just a nightmare but was it a nightmare?

Yes it was my own hell while my eyes were open and my body was alive.

++++++

"Hello?" I say into the darkness. I'm surrounded by darkness, no light just darkness. "Hello?" I say again as a heard a pair of wings flapping. I look around me until I see a young woman coming into my direction. "Hope. I've been expecting you." she says with a smile on her face. She was pale with long blonde hair that went to her hips. She had brown eyes with hints of green in them. She was slim, wearing a soft white dress with no shoes. She had white wings attached to her back. I looked at her with confusion as she smiles down at me. "You my child, are a beautiful young girl. Has been through so much in her lifetime. I am the key for you to let go Hope, if you want to let go, let go." She said to me. "I can't let go, I have a baby. I can't kill an inncoent baby or let Luke raise it by himself. That's if he will raise it with me." I look at her and she holds my hand.

"Keep fighting little one. Just keep fighting."

I woke up gasping for air on the bed. I had 10 doctors in the room looking at me checking my pulse everything. I ripped off the mask they put on me to help me get oxegan. I must have stopped breathing during my little dream with some angel I guess you could call her. I looked around and saw Drew at the room door. When the doctors all left, Drew ran in to the hospital bed and hugged me. "Gez how long was I out for?" I asked hugging him back. He let go and looked at me concerned "You weren't breathing for 5 minutes.." Uh what..? "How is that even possible?" I was beyond confused. I was going to ask Drew something when all of a sudden Luke came through the door. "What happened?" he asked as he looked at me. Drew was about to speak until I have him a simple answer "nothing."

++++

An hour later no one was in my room. Drew went home for the night with Bella and the pups. Still no sign of Natalie or Luke for that matter. I looked around the boring room and realised theres nothing fasinaticing in the room anymore. I got out of bed slowly and held on the chair for dear life as I straightened up. I walked slowly and quietly to the room door and out the door to the corridor. I walked down the hallway to the room 40 and opened the door. I looked at her with tears down my cheeks. There lays my mother attached with a million cords out of her lifeless body. She's so pale. They think someone dragged her out of her car somehow after it drove off the bridge. If it were true I'd thank the person all my life but at the moment my mother is in a comar. I walked towards her and bent down on my knees and held her hand. I sniffed and tried to smile at the ceiling but it failed. I looked at her and back at her hand. "If their really is a God, could you help me? Save my mother, my child and let them have a prfect life? I know there is so many conqences in life but this wasnt my mothers fault. She would never drive off the bridge." I looked down and put my left hand to my eyes. "Mum, I'm pregnant and I can't raise this child without some guidance from an expert. You haven't even lived your whole life. Your what 43? That is so young, too young. I need you Mum. I really do." As I stood up and tried to wipe the tears, more just kepted on coming. I kissed her on her forehead and said "I love you" before I closed the door and made my way to the front counter.

I looked at the lady behind the counter and got her attention by saying "excuse me?" she looked at me and smiled. "Yes. Are you hungry?" I nodded my head and she gave me a list of foods I could choose from. Beef pasta, fruit, toast with anything, pancakes. "Could I have pancakes please?" She smiled "of course! what would you like on them and how many?" "Could I have two and do you have nutella?" nutella is amazing and its even better on pancakes. "Of course you can and hun are you okay?" She asked with a little concern. I fake smiled "Yeah I'm fine." "Okay I will bring them to your room when they are ready." "Thank you." I turned around and that's when I saw Luke from the corner of my eye standing in the middle of the hall way doing nothing but staring.