Chapter 23

Just like a tattoo,

I''ll always have you,

I'll always have you,

I'll always have you. - Tattoo by Jordin Sparks

June 1:

"Babe wakey wakey."

I heard someone whisper in my ear as they nippled on my earlobe. I groaned in response because I didn't want to get up. My own hell is when my eyes are open.

"Come on Hope.."

Luke put his arm under my sweater onto my stomach.

"You need to get up."

He whispered as he kissed my cheek. I signed and opened my eyes and looked at the clock.

"But why me?"

I say softly as I remember what occurred a few nights ago. A tear went down my cheek as I looked at the photo of Mum and I. I felt the bed tip a little on Luke's side as he walked to my side and picked me up bridal style to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry Hope, you don't deserve this pain."

I looked at him as tears kept falling down my cheeks.

"Yes I do because I never deserve to be even a little bit happy in life. Life screwed me over Luke and the only thing I actually love in my life is my family because thats the only thing that can give me happiness."

Luke wiped my tears away and kissed my forehead when he sat me down on one of the seats in the kitchen.

"This is a special day Hope. Its your 17 birthday! we need to at least do something."

Luke says to me with a sad expression. I get up and look at him.

"We could go to Bounce INC with Drew, Bella and my Aunty and cousins.."

I say as I grab a smoothie out the fridge. Luke looked at me confused.

"But you can't bounce.."

I giggled softly.

"No I'll watch and take photos of you guys and put it in a collage and into a photo frame."

"Are you sure Hope? I mean this is your 17th. If you want to go watch a movie or stay home then its fine."

I grabbed his hands and put them in my own.

"No its fine. I havent gone to Bounce INC yet and I wanna see what its like even if I am just watching."

"Whatever keeps you happy."

Luke says as he kissed my hand. I grabbed the cornflakes cereal box from the pantry and milk in the fridge. I grabbed Luke and I a bowl and made our breakfast.

++++

We were at Bounce and I could see the excitness in Bella's and my little cousins eyes as they saw the trampolines, especially when we were the only ones here. They started jumping around laughing and having fun when Drew and Luke joined in. My Aunty decided to sit on the sideline with me.

"Hey."

"Hey how you feeling?"

My Aunty asked as she handed me a juice box.

"Thank you.. Okay I guess."

I say as I stare at Luke walking up and down the wall. I smiled as he then flopped onto the trampoline as Bella tackled him.

"The truth?"

My Aunty said as she looked me right in the eye. She was always hard to leave in the dark when it came to things like this.

"I mean.. its hard. I am pregnant at 17, I have no job. My Mother..."

My voice broke as I rememebered. My Aunty looked at me and engaged me in a hug.

"You shouldn't have been called. She was unstable and uncontrolable, they were stupid to call you at that time of night too."

She states. I signed.

"I know but I was the one who walked into the hospital room to see someone who I thought I knew.. Not a stranger."

++++

As we were at Bounce for hours, I took a lot of photos on my phone. Actually I took exactly 100 but we will keep that our little secret. As Luke drove Bella, Drew and I back home I smiled at the photos and decided to print them all out as I knew we had a few photo frames hiding in the house somewhere.

When we got home it was 5pm and I realised that Dia or Steven hadn't FaceTimed me. I messaged both of them but didn't get a response so I shrugged it off and decided to put my black leggings on with a long striped sleeved shirt with a panada on it. I grabbed my ugg boots and went to the mirror and took off all my makeup. When all my makeup was off I realised my neck was still very red and sore. I took a step closer and looked at the hand printed marks on my throat.

My own Mother tried to strangle me,

her own daughter.

Since Mum woke up from her comar, she has been reckless and she doesn't remember anything or anyone.

My phone started ringing which broke my thoughts. I speed walked to my phone and smiled when I realised it was Dia and Steven.

"HAPPY 17 BIRTHDAY HOE!!"

Dia yelled into the phone as Steven just said a nicer happy birthday. I giggled and ask how they had been which they were bored and annoyed because they hate the rest of their family because they think rainbows come out their arses. They saw my hand prints on my neck as they are very badly visible so I told them everything about my Mother has finally woken from her comar and is practically a monster. I showed them what I got for my birthday as they "wanted" to know. I got a necklace and a massive teddy bear from Luke, Drew gave me clothes, Bella gave me a cute wrist band and my Aunty decided to give me earrings.

After talking to Dia and Steven for 3 hours I went to the kitchen to grab an apple when I saw Luke was standing in the kitchen with chocolates and red and pink roses around him.

"Uh Luke?"

I say confused what was happening. Luke smiled and came closer to me and stood on one knee. Oh crap is he proposing to me..?!

My heart started to fasten and I watched as I saw a red box become visible in his left hand.

"Hope we have been together for a little while now and I know people would probably say we are too young to be married or rushing into things but to be honest, when is a time we aren't rushing during the day or being too young? We die one day and hopefully its not in near future but I want to spend from this moment forward of us being married and you being my beautiful wife."

He paused for a moment as he opened the red box to reveal the most gorgeous ring. I gasped and looked to see if Luke was being serious.

"Will you Hope Primrose be my wife?"

I started to tear up as I said a yes and he put the ring on my finger. I kissed his soft lips and engaged him in a hug. Luke did a litle spin as he picked me up.

For the rest of the night we ate the chocolate as our tea and dessert in bed and watched as time went by giving each other sneaky kisses every now and then.