1

I received the email from Christian Horner on December, 29th. I realized that there was not too much time left to organize my trip to Milton Keynes. I went downstairs into the kitchen, where my parents sat at the table.
"Hey mum, dad I received an email from Red Bull and they invited me to an interview in their factory." I told my parents. "Congratulations Amilia, I'm so proud of you." my parents replied, almost in sync. I thanked them and told them that there will be only very limited time to arrange my trip. My dad offered me his help and we both sat down to look for flights and a hotel .
After checking on the best offers available, we finally found something. We booked a flight for the 4th January and a hotel as well, making sure that I won't miss my interview on January, 5th. Since we didn't know if I have to stay longer than just one day we booked the hotel for 4 days. The flight back home is dated to the 8th of January.
After we finished it I confirmed that I'll be in Milton Keynes for the interview.
.
.
.
A few days went by, New Years was already over and it was the 3rd of January. Since I leave to the UK tomorrow, I started to pack my suitcase. After I double checked if I have anything, I closed it and looked at my desk, going through my essential list. passport, ID, plane tickets, hotel verification... I said to myself, double checking this as well. Since it was late already, I decided to go to sleep.
.
.
.
»4th of January, Milton Keynes, UK«
I arrived at the hotel and unpacked the clothes for tomorrow, so it won't be knitted. I decided to prepare myself and locked into the hotel's wifi to look up possible questions I may be asked tomorrow. I started to become nervous but tried to calm myself down. After dinner, I watched some TV, set my timer for tomorrow and went to sleep.
.
.
.
»5th of January, day of interview «
My alarm went off at 7 and surprisingly I was wide awake straight away. I showered and got dressed, black suit pants and a white blouse. I chose classic black heels and a thin coat since it wasn't too warm. I put on a little bit of make up and put my hair into a French twist because I thought I look more professional like that. I checked myself in the mirror again and walked out of the hotel and stepped into the Uber I ordered. 30 minutes later I arrived at the Red Bull factory.
It is currently 9.45 so I'm perfectly in time. I walked inside the building and waited at the front desk. "Hello love how can I help you?" a lovely, elderly women asked me. "Hello my name is Amilia Van Dijk and I'm here for a job interview with Mr Horner." I replied, smiling at her. She took the phone and called someone. "Mr Horner will be here any minute, here is your visitor pass, you can sit down if you would like to." she says, pointing at the chairs after handing me my visitor pass. I thanked her and sat down.
.
.
.

Mr Horner walked up to me after a few minutes. I stood up and greeted him, introducing myself to him. "I'm so glad to meet you Ms Van Dijk ." Mr Horner says smiling. He directed me to his office where we both sat down.
The interview went well and I was glad I prepared myself with answers for possible questions. "Ms Van Dijk I thank you for this interview, there is not much to say from my side except that I would like to offer this job to you." he says smiling at me. A big smile appeared on my face and I accepted his offer. I can't believe I'll be working for the F1 team from now on. Mr Horner and I both signed the contract and he handed me my staff pass, a plan with all the dates and my work times and team clothes. We decided to date my contract on the 1st of February so I have some time to get to know the team before the new season starts. Mr Horner handed me some apartment proposals that are free and affordable. I looked at them and immediately fell in love with one of them.