78

I texted Max a short 'ok' to let him know that I'll call Daniel. I dialed his number and waited. He didn't answer the call. After the third call I decided to call Michael. He immediately asked me if I have heard anything from Daniel. "No that's why I'm calling he didn't answer the phone and I thought you are with him." I said. "He was angry about the race and after the interviews he said that he wants to be alone and was gone faster than I recognized. I think he's in his room but he won't open the door." Michael explained and my heart ached. It made me sad to know how sad Daniel is and I can't be there to hug him. "Ok i have an idea, let me call the hotel reception and hopefully they connect me with his room telephone." I explained. Michael liked my idea and told me that I should text him if it worked.
.
.
.
Hilton hotel Spa-Francorchamps reception how can I help you?
"Good evening my name is Ms Van Dijk, Red Bull Racing. I was wondering if you could connect me to Mr Ricciardo's room phone, we are not able to reach him." I explained. After a bit back and forth about my identity and then not being allowed to do it I tried something else. I explained that Michael is there as well and that he can confirm who I am and that he's looking for Daniel as well. It took me a lot to convince them but gladly Christian was at the reception in the hotel and heard my phone call. He confirmed me as a member of the Red Bull team and so on and the chaos finally ended. I was finally in the waiting line to call Daniel.
" What?" I hear Daniel with a pissed tone in his voice and I've never been more happy. " Daniel." I whispered, the relief audible in my voice. "Princess, I didn't mean to shout at you." he replied and I heard how he calmed down. "Why don't you answer your phone I was worried about you and the other ones are as well." I told him. "I, I'm sorry I didn't mean to." he said quietly. He was now on the urge to cry and it hurt me. "Hey Daniel it's ok you can talk to me." I said calm and tried not to cry as well. "I failed, again." he said, clearly crying. I pulled myself together after a tear left my eye. " No you didn't, it was again not your fault." I said. "And the worst thing is, and I know that's not fair but you're not here." he said and you could hear regret in his voice. He didn't mean to hurt me with that but the tears ran over my face without a warning. "I know you don't mean this in and bad way, all I want is to be there with you. I can't stand you being on your own now because I know you don't want to be." I replied. "Great now I made you cry." he said disappointed. "Baby it's not your fault, it just hurts my heart to hear how hard you are on yourself." I honestly replied.
.
.
.
We talked for probably an hour and I somehow managed to calm him down over the phone. We ended the call over the hotel phone and continued to FaceTime. "Hell you're eyes look puffy." he said laughing. "Dito Mr Ricciardo." I replied laughing as well. "I'll be back in Monaco tomorrow asap. I don't want to be without you any longer." he said and I nodded. After talking for more hours it was already pitch black outside. " You should rest and go to sleep now or you won't be back here as soon as you want to." I said smiling. " You're right sleep tight and I'll see you tomorrow Mrs Ricciardo." he replied smiling. " We ain't married you know that? Or did you do something while I slept?" I asked jokingly. " No I didn't. I know you're not Mrs Ricciardo, not yet." he said which made my heart jump around in my chest.
.
.
.
I informed both Max and Michael that I talked to Daniel and they were relieved to hear that he's alright. I wished them both a good night and decided to go to sleep as well. At least I wanted to, Daniel's  words were still very present on my mind. It was like a song you have on replay and listen to it over and over again. His words warmed my heart and made the butterflies dance in my tummy. If I'm being honest I never thought about marrying yet but now that he mentioned it I realized that this would be the official bond between us to verify what we have achieved and what we went through together. The more I think about it, the more grows the smile on my lips. Even though it left me sleepless, it was all good thoughts that kept me awake.
.
.
.