61

Daniel removed his helmet but still sat down in his car. He laid his head on his arms and looked down. His parents were there for him and tried to cheer him up. I walked up to him as well and placed my hand on his back " I'm sorry baby, I hope the next races will be better." I said and he looked up "Me too it's just frustrating that it goes on the way it ended at Red Bull." his words broke my heart because I know he was struggling a lot with the last season. Daniel is always positive and tried not to be too sad but you could still see the disappointment. He went and thanked his whole Team before sitting next to me to follow the rest of the race.
The race gladly ended well for Max in P3. We watched the celebration on the podium before walking back into the paddock. "I have to do the interviews now I'll come to the hospitality afterwards." Daniel said towards his family and me and I knew he just wants the interviews to be over. We spend some time in the hospitality with some coffee.
.
.
.
It was probably the hardest goodbye for me and Daniel. We had to leave Australia and fly back to the UK. Daniel has some simulatior practices and they will talk through the problem with his car and how they solved it. After that we'll have some time back in Monaco before leaving to the next Grand Prix. While we are back in Monaco I have an appointment at the doctors to check my blood again and see if there are any bad news.....hopefully not. I can't miss the season because of this.
.
.
.
The worst part about Australia is that the flight back takes forever. Even though I won't admit it I'm so glad that the doctor is still with us. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to manage that flight back to the UK. When we arrived in my old apartment in Milton Keynes we went straight to bed. The next thing I know is waking up the next morning. It was 10 am already and I hate to sleep in. I got up as quickly as possible because Daniel wasn't next to me anymore. I saw him in the kitchen, preparing breakfast. "Good morning Princess I hope you had a good rest." he greeted me smiling while placing our breakfast in the bowls. "I did, what about you? And why didn't you wake me up?" I replied while walking up to him, hugging him from behind. "The flight was so exhausting I wanted for you to rest." Daniel explained and turned around, now facing me. "I'm so glad we can spend some time alone, just the two of us." he said and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Me too, we should do something, maybe something wild." I said and Daniel nodded in agreement but laughed at my comment. "Wild....I'm curious about that." he said and earned a punch on his chest.
.
.
.
Daniel went to the Renault factory after breakfast and I started my daily IV. I was chatting with Blair and Charlotte while waiting for it to be done. I decided to go out with Blair during the time we spend here in the UK.
Daniel came back after a few hours and I told him about my plans with Blair. "That's lovely to hear, I will go out for dinner with Nico this week, maybe we can do it the same day." Daniel told me. "Sounds good to me." I answered.
I called Blair and told her what Daniel and I just talked about and she agreed. We decided to go out on Wednesday. After that Daniel and I talked about what we could do with the rest of the day. Since I was feeling pretty well today we decided to go for a ride with our bikes through Milton Keynes.
.
.
.
"Daniel Slow down please I'm out of breath." I screamed with the last breath I have. I don't know what it is with these formula 1 drivers but they all drive marathons. He stopped a few meters in front of me and laughed. "Are you alright?" he asks and I nod. "Yeah close to faint but it's alright." I replied and we both laughed. We decided to take a break on a bench so I can catch my breath again. Since I got my diagnosis I forgot to go to the gym, or sometimes I wasn't able to go because I was so exhausted. We sat there for some time when I heard someone scream my name. I looked around confused when I saw Lando on his bike with his personal trainer Jon. They stopped in front of us and I stood up to go and hug him. "Hey Lando what Are you doing here?" I ask him smiling. "I live here the question is what are you doing here." he asks and waves at Daniel. I automatically looked to Daniel and was confused by his facial expression. He doesn't seem amused about Lando... "I used to live here as well...but we are here because Daniel had to go to the Renault factory." I explained after looking back at him. He nodded with a smile and we talked for a little. After 10 minutes they had to go and we said goodbye. When I turned back to Daniel he still seemed to be....pissed kinda?!
I don't know what he has but I hope he'll talk to me.
.
.
.