10

Daniel just stood there, his hands balled into fists, breathing heavily. I chose to stay silent and kneeled down to pick up the pieces of the broken glass.
.
.
.
Daniels POV:
I stood there, completely paralyzed. I didn't move for a long amount of time. I came back into reality when I saw Amilia kneeling down to pick up the pieces of broken glass which were spread all over the ground from the bottle I threw. " You don't have to do this, let me do that I don't want you to hurt yourself." I say quietly, kneeling down next to her. She just nodded, I probably scared her with my actions. I picked up all the glass and threw it away. Amilia stood next to my bed, looking at me with at least some fear left in her eyes.
I walked towards her to see if she'd move away. I kept eye contact with every step I took. She didn't move and that calmed me down. Stopping right in front of her, I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into my chest. "I'm so sorry, I really didn't want to do that, nor was my intention to scare you." I whisper, my chin resting on her head.
.
.
.
Amilia's POV:
When Daniel walked towards me, there was no fear left in me. He looked deep into my eyes and I saw that he was back to normal. He pulled me into a hug and apologized for what just happened. I rested my head against his chest, simply enjoying the moment. "It's ok Daniel, is it because of today's results?" I ask. I feel him nodding "I failed qualifying at my home race." he added. "Max wasn't happy either so I told him that I know for sure you can come out on top tomorrow if you believe in yourself." I said, trying to cheer him up. He looked down to me and a small smile appeared on his lips. "Thank you for this, I love how you always see the good in every situation and your ability to motivate people." I had to smile at his compliment.
.
.
.
"By the way I brought you your favorite brownies from the hospitality, I wanted to make you feel better." I shyly say as we get out of our hug. "Thank you so much but simply seeing you made me feel better as well." he answers but took a bite out of a brownie immediately.
After spending some time with Daniel to make sure he's really ok I went to Max as well. He coped with the situation better than Daniel, which I was glad about. I walked back to my room, changed into my pajamas and went to bed. I wasn't able to sleep straight away so I watched some TV.
.
.
.
Next thing I know is my alarm going off. I turned around to grab my phone, it's 6.30 am right now. I yawned because I was still halfway asleep. A smile appeared on my face when I recognized its race day. I checked my social media's but there were no interesting news. I stood up to go and have a shower, today I felt a little extra and thought about putting some more effort in my look.
With only my underwear on, I walked back into the room and thought about what I could wear. We recently got a limited edition Red Bull team shirts, which look very different than the usual ones. They are navy blue cotton shirts,the logo on the back and oversized fits. In the front, there are the drivers initials and their numbers embroidered. I really love the shirt and decided to add it to my outfit. I tucked it into a light blue jeans skirt, added some sneakers and my outfit is done.
.
.
.
I like the causal, yet different look on me. My hair is naturally straight but I felt that I want it curled today. I did my make up natural as usual and when I looked in the mirror I was really happy with myself. It's already time for breakfast so I grabbed my stuff and walked down into the lobby. Max came around the corner and smiled, but looked at me with a frown. "Who are you and where is Amilia?" he asks, inspecting the differences on me. "I take that as a compliment." i say jokingly. "No no don't get me wrong you look beautiful as usual just different, I like it." he replies.
Daniel appeared shortly after Max, being just as surprised when he saw me. After breakfast we made our way to the circuit since Daniel and Max both wanted to stretch before the race and maybe there was some work for me to do on them as well.
.
.
.