44

The time flies because it's already qualifying day again. The free practices went very well, Daniel drove so many good laps. "Have fun in qualifying, I know you'll do a great job." I said to Daniel before he sits down in his car. "Thank you Baby." he said and placed a kiss on my head. I wished Max good luck as well before the qualifying started.
»And this is a Red Bull front row for the Mexican Grand Prix. Ricciardo on pole and Verstappen right next to him on P2. What a qualifying.« the familiar voice says through the headphones. I heard how happy Daniel was on his radio and that made me happy as well.
.
.
.
The mechanics parked the car back into the garage and Daniel jumps out and into my arms. "I told you you'll make it, I'm so proud of you." I said and nearly lost a tear. "This was for you." he said and kissed me.
We spend the night together again, celebrating his results from today. "Can you maybe give me another Massage? I want to be completely relaxed for the race." he asks. "Of course." I answer and give him a massage.
"Ok all done." I said after finishing. I was way more exhausted than usual, which didn't go unnoticed by Daniel. "What's wrong, are you ok?" he asks worried. "Yes it's ok. Don't worry." I try to find another topic to talk about. "Amilia look at me, you can tell me anything. If there is something that's bothering you, let me know. I want the best for you, for us." he says and smiles. I smile back and thank him. I chose not to say anything, it would only screw him and his race up.
.
.
.
»it's lights out and away we go.«. The race started perfect for the Red Bull drivers, they were able to keep their positions and drove away from the others. When something works out very well, a catastrophe is not far away. The race went on pretty well until Daniel's race engineer told him that he should let Max overtake because of some problems on his car. Daniel was clearly pissed but accepted it and let him pass. While I was hoping that Daniel will end the race in a good position, I heard him complaining over the radio. »Something is off, what's wrong with my car?" he asks. I saw his race engineer checking on all the data. Oh no this does not look good. »Daniel we think you have to come into the box and unfortunately retire from this race, we found something on the hydraulics.«. I let my head fall into my hands. He doesn't deserve this. He came into the box and they pushed his car into the garage. I pulled off the headphones and followed Daniel's actions.
.
.
.
He pulled off his helmet, opened his race suit and walked straight out of the garage. "I think he's in the driver room, he needs you right now." one of his mechanics says to me and I nod. I walk to the team house and to his room. "Daniel? Can I come in?" I ask after knocking on the door.
"Hey Daniel." I said when I saw him crying. I walked over to him, sat down and pulled his head onto my lap. "This can't be true, why do I have such bad luck?" he asks. I wipe away his tears "You don't deserve this, I'm sorry that this happened. I hope that the last races will result better than this one." I say to him.
We sat there, probably 2 or 3 hours. He calmed down and changed into his normal clothes. We decided to wait until most people are gone so no one wants to talk to him. We left the circuit and drove to the hotel.
.
.
.
We spend the evening together and ordered room service because Daniel wasn't feeling like going downstairs to eat. Since Daniel is always a positive person he accepted today's result and moved on. I still saw the disappointment in him. I thought about possibilities to cheer him up. Everyone knows how close he is to his family and that he wishes they would be here with him more often. I looked over to Daniel and saw that he was asleep. I took his phone and copied his mum's number to text her:

Hello grace it's Amilia
I know we weren't able to meet in person but we know each other from FaceTime. You've probably seen the latest results from Daniel's races, which he's not happy about. I wanted to come up with something to cheer him up. I wanted to ask if you want to join the last race of the season as a surprise for him. I'd arrange everything for you then. I think he'd be very happy to see you.
Greetings Amilia
.
.
.