53

The weeks went by and it was already one day before Christmas. Neither my or Daniel's parents were able to come to Monaco but we told them we'll definitely visit them. Daniel and I chose to have a Christmas with friends, his and mine will come over to his place tomorrow. My health had a few ups and downs to be honest. The chemo therapy hit me and made me feel very sick. Every time I had to go there Daniel or Max joined me because I wouldn't be able to get back on my own. The only good thing about it is that it helps. The doctor was able to see this in my latest blood results.
I'm currently in my apartment preparing food for tomorrow. I said that I make desert and other friends will bring the rest of the food. I was about to make cookies when I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to see Daniel and Max. "Hey what Are you doing here?" I ask them. "We want to help you." they said in sync and I agreed. I prepared the dough already and gave it to them. "Ok roll it out and then cut the cookies with these." I said and they both did. They handed me their cookies and I placed them on a baking sheet. I turned around one second when I hear them laugh. I knew this is not going well. I turned back around to the them throwing around the dough. "No throwing around here, cut the cookies, this is not the only thing we have to do." I said. "Yes ma'am." they both said what made me laugh.
.
.
.
It obviously took longer to finish all the things because they couldn't stop behaving like kids. We had fun the whole day but I was glad when we finished the desert and it actually looked pretty decent.
The Christmas days were lovely. We spent them with our friends and had a lot of fun. Since the weather is pretty bad we wanted to go somewhere, where it's better. We thought about Australia because we'd visit Daniel's parents then. The only problem is my therapy. I have two months left and have to attend them. I tried to come up with an idea but it wasn't possible. Daniel cheered me up and told me we'll visit them soon but that my health is more important at the moment.
.
.
.
Since we weren't able to visit Daniel's family I thought we'll have a nice New Year's Eve here in Monaco. Sadly, we didn't. We were about to go to Max's apartment when I felt dizzy. I was in the bathroom getting ready so I sat down on the edge of the bathtub. "Daniel." I tried to call him but I wasn't loud enough. I leaned over to hold on to the sink and then it happened. I collapsed on the floor.

Daniel's POV:
Amilia was in the bathroom and got ready for tonight. She seemed to be in better conditions lately which made me happy. I never show it because I want to be strong for her but it hurts to see her in pain. All of a sudden I hear a loud bang and ran into the bathroom. I saw Amilia laying on the floor. "Amilia, can you hear me?" I ask as I kneel down. She didn't answer and I called an ambulance immediately. I tried to do the best I can to not freak out. The ambulance was here quickly and I told them about her illness. I contacted the doctor and he told me he'll be in the hospital as well. I drove with my car behind them and called Max on my way. "Max, Amilia she collapsed we go to the hospital." was all I say, a Little confused. Max told me he'll be there as well in a few minutes.
I've been told to wait in front of the room when Max showed up. "What happened?" he asks and I explained. We sat there for a while before the doctor came to us. "Mr Ricciardo, Amilia is in stable conditions now, this is a consequence of the chemo therapy. She faded away since the therapy is straining her body and her immune system. I need you to take good care of what she does and that she eats enough." the doctor explained and we were allowed to go inside.
.
.
.
She laid there, her eyes closed. Max looked at me and told me he'll give me some time alone with her. I sat next to her, put her hand into mine and placed a kiss on it. "Do you remember the first time we had a conversation? It was when your tire had a puncture and you changed it yourself. I have to admit you impressed me back then. I immediately knew we'd get along very well. Never did I imagine we'd get along this well. But I'm so glad, so glad to have you in my life. And I need you to keep fighting ,all the way through. Don't give up if it seems like it's not getting better. I need you, you help me to cope with my feelings when my races went bad. You calm me down, you make me smile. I love you, so so much." I said and felt myself becoming emotional again. "You Are the reason for me to fight, I won't give up. I love you sooo much." I heard her answer. I looked down to her and she smiled at me. She pulled me closer to her, wiped my tears and placed my head on her chest.
.
.
.
»and all of a sudden, you realize that you have to enjoy every moment, it can be over quicker than you want.«