6

Monday and Tuesday were quite relaxed. It's currently Tuesday afternoon and I just got back from the gym. I started to pack my suitcase and as usual, I double checked everything. Passport, ID, staff pass,.... I said to myself. I closed my suitcase and layed out my clothes for tomorrow. I was pulled out of my thoughts due to a phone call. "Hello?" I ask. "Amilia hi are you home right now?" Max asks. "Yes I am what's wr..." I couldn't finish because Max ended the call. Around 10 minutes later my door bell rang. I opened the door to see Max and Daniel standing there, both with their suitcases. "Hey what are you doing here?" I ask them smiling. "We decided to have a sleepover because we leave to Melbourne together anyways." Daniel explained. "I see I have to make sure you'll be there in time." I said laughing. "Yes mum." they both said, laughing as well.
.
.
.
We all decided on a pizza and movie night. The boys chose a movie already, sitting comfortably in my bed while I waited for our pizza. It arrived and I settled myself between the two boys, handing them their pizzas. "What are we watching ?" i ask. "Let's start with the conjuring 1 first and after that a disney movie to calm down before going to sleep." Max said. I agreed and we started the first movie.
.
.
.
The next thing I know is my alarm waking me up. I turned it off and tried to wake up properly. I looked around and saw both Max and Daniel still asleep, the leftover pizza on the floor. I walked into the bathroom, got ready and dressed and woke up the boys.
Just in time, we arrive at the airport. We met with the rest of the team, walked to our gate and sat down in the seats of the plane which was specifically reserved for our team. We now have many flight hours ahead of us.
.
.
.
The flight turned out to be more relaxing than I thought. I slept a lot and watched some movies but overall the flight was over quickly. We stepped out of the plane, the warmth hitting us immediately. Mr Horner organized vans for the whole team that'll drive us to the hotel. We checked in and walked to our hotel rooms. I kinda felt a little jet lag kicking in while unpacking my suitcase. I decided to have a 30 min power nap and after that I'll see what the evening brings.
.
.
.
I wake up because of a weird feeling on my nose. I rubbed my finger against it and saw the reason - a nose bleed. I haven't had one in years probably. I walk into the bathroom and after a few minutes, it stopped. Back in my room I check my phone. There was a message from Mr Horner:

Hello Ms Van Dijk
I hope you're not having to much
Of a jet lag. We decided to have a
Big team dinner tonight and I
Just want to inform you.
It's at 7:30 pm in the dining
Room of the hotel.
Looking forward to tonight !
Christian Horner

I answered Mr Horner and thanked him for the information. I checked the time to see that I have plenty of it left. Since there's enough time left I decided to call my parents.
.
.
.
I started to get ready for the team dinner tonight. I texted with Daniel as well who told me that we'll go to a party afterwards to meet the other drivers. I kinda got excited to see them in person for the first time. While I was about to head out of my hotel I heard a knock on the door. "Hello this is your personal 'we bring you to dinner ' service " I hear Daniel saying. Max standing next to him, both proudly presenting their service. I smiled at them and we walked to the dining room.
.
.
.
Attending the dinner I chatted a lot with the other people of the team I haven't met yet. Some of them work at the factory as well but I've never had the chance to talk to them properly. Everyone is so nice and all of them accepted me as a team member. My favorites of the team would probably be the host members, who also cook and bake for all the team during the races. I mean who doesn't love food right? I had so much fun while being at the dinner with the team.
.
.
.
After 2 hours the team members started to go back to their rooms since some of them have to be out early tomorrow morning. Daniel, Max and I said our goodbyes to the rest of the members since they took me to the F1 drivers party. "Are you actually sure I'm allowed to be there?" I asked the drivers since no one else joined us. "Yes you are, anyone is invited but most people are having worse jet lags." Max explained. We walked out of the hotel and drove to a populated street which had a lot of bars and clubs.
.
.
.