85

We all waited for the podium to be announced. Lewis Hamilton made it to P3 and won the championship once again. Max stayed in P2 and I cheered for him. He had such a good season for such a young age. And then, Daniel was announced. He walked onto that podium with so much pride and such a big smile. After receiving the trophies they sprayed their champagne. Obviously Daniel made everyone drink a shoey out of his shoe. Everyone enjoyed this moment so much. And then, all of a sudden Daniel was handed a microphone he asked for. "Thank you all for listening, I'll make it quick. I would like to ask Amilia to come up to the podium." Daniel said and I stared in confusion. Before I was able to process anything I was pulled to the stairs that lead to the podium. I walked to Daniel and felt everyone staring. I didn't know what to do or what to expect so I just smiled awkwardly. What has he planned here?
.
.
.
He grabbed my hand and started: "You know how tough the past time was for us. I cannot tell you how proud I am because of how hard you fought. Max always used the phrase 'she fights like a lion.'. I like that because it's true. And I remember when I held your hand and you were scared. I tried to comfort you and when I told you the phrase 'you're a lifetime' I meant that. I've never felt better than these past months. I liked you from the first moment I saw you. And I'll always be there for you, the way you're always there for me. The way how selfless you acted about your own well being hurted me but proofs something at the same time. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Amilia Van Dijk, will you marry me?"
Daniel went down on his knee and pulled out a ring. I was so focused by him I didn't even see where it came from. I nodded before I said yes, multiple times. That was all I was able to say since Daniel made me cry with what he said. He stood back up and put the ring on my finger. "Ily so much." I said and hugged him. "Ily more Princess." he said while hugging me back, placing a kiss on my forehead. Everyone around us was cheering and Max and Lewis poured champagne over us. We celebrated for two reasons that day and basically everyone, even the other teams joined.

If I say I've never been happier in my life, I mean that.
.
.
.
When we arrived the hotel again that evening, there was a flower bouquet and a whole dinner with champagne prepared for us. The hotel has seen Daniel's proposal on TV and arranged this really quick. After changing into something more comfortable we sat down and clinked our glasses. "On us." I said. "On us." Daniel replied. We enjoyed our dinner when we were interrupted by Daniel's phone ringing. "Hello mum." Daniel answered the FaceTime call smiling brightly. I stood up to see his mum as well. Daniel pulled me on to his lap and I greeted his mum. "We saw it on TV, congratulations to the two of you, I couldn't be any more proud." she said. We thanked her and his dad came to the phone as well. He wished us all the best as well and we talked for a while. "Enjoy the rest of the night, future Mr and Mrs Ricciardo." his mum said and we ended the call. In that very same Moment my phone rang. I answered the call and it was my parents. "Hey love birds, congratulations. We are so happy." my mum screamed into the phone. We thanked them and talked to them for a while as well. "I gave you my word and I know you'll treat her right Daniel, welcome to our family." my dad said which left me with a confused look on my face. They explained to me that Daniel called my dad before to ask if it was alright that he proposes to me. It somehow meant so much to me that I could cry again. I thanked my parents and after we ended that call as well, I hugged Daniel. " I've never been happier in my whole life." I nuzzled into his neck. " Me too, I would've never come back that strong without you." he said.
.
.
.
We woke up the next morning and I immediately had a smile on my face when I looked at my finger. I actually feel bad because this ring looks way too expensive. Daniel behind me intertwined our finger and pulled me closer. We took our time to wake up and start the day all relaxed. We received so many messages with congratulations we nearly weren't able to answer all of them. After a nice breakfast we packed our suitcases to go to the airport. We'll land in Monaco tonight and start to plan the wedding since Daniel has some free time now.
I can't wait to start this adventure with him.
.
.
.