81

(There will be a time skip to the middle of November.)
After Charles win in Monza a lot happened. It's now the 16th of November and Daniel is in Brazil for the Grand Prix tomorrow. He won't come back to Monaco but will fly right to Abu Dhabi for the last race. I have a good two weeks that I need to wait until the surprise. But let's explain what happened first.
The races after Monza were close to each other and Daniel wasn't able to come back too often. We had to stay close while FaceTiming and stuff even more. My recovery improved day by day and the doctor told me he's never seen such a fast recovery from such a disease. My physical therapist and I worked hard day after day and I was soon able to walk on my own again. I was so proud to say I started gaining weight and everyday I looked at myself in the mirror I smiled. I looked more and more like I used to look, healthy. A week ago the doctor came to me to tell me that I don't have to take any further medication and that they will soon remove my permanent IV. My parents were the first ones to know and they were so happy that they immediately booked a flight over to Monaco. I decided to tell my friends and Daniel that I'm improving but I wanted to keep that one special piece of news as a surprise.
.
.
.
Two weeks ago I finally received the information that I'm finally allowed to go to the gym again. You can't believe how happy that made me. After my first session I felt so good, I haven't felt this good in a long time. After some final tests yesterday the doctor happily let me go back home in my apartment. After 4 months in the hospital that was a long awaited day. He told me that I have to come to regular check ups and I have to live as healthy as possible but he's positive that I will be back to normal. "Ms Van Dijk this is my final talk to you. I'm impressed, really. Your strength through all of this is something I wish everyone had. I know the reason why you fought this hard and I'm so proud. I hope to only hear good things from you now." he said smiling and I felt a little sentimental. I lost a few tears while thanking him. Surprisingly he hugged me. "I wish you all the best and I'll see you for the check ups then." he said and I nodded. My parents grabbed my stuff and we left the hospital. Back in my apartment I was overwhelmed. It all feels so normal and I was so happy that the bad days are over.
.
.
.
To fulfill my planned surprise I called Christian after the qualifying. "Ok Christian this is my plan, I want to surprise everyone and be there for the last race. I wanted to ask you if you could help me arrange it." I explained. "Amilia you just caught me off guard. You have to explain me everything in detail but of course I'll arrange it." he replied overwhelmed. I told him everything about the past weeks and he was happy to hear I'm back to normal. "Ok that sounds amazing, I'll send you everything and then we'll see each other in Abu Dhabi." he said. "I'm looking forward, see you soon." I replied.
Like I told Christian I want to keep this a surprise so I obviously won't tell Daniel anything. I did tell him that I'm released from the hospital and that my parents are with me. I also told Max and both of them were relieved and happy to see that my health is way better. "I miss you so much but there is only this one last race in Abu Dhabi and then I'm finally back. I can't wait to see you back home." Daniel said all excited. Little does he know what I have planned.
" I'm so happy that you're soon back with me and that we can finally spend time outside of the hospital." I replied.
.
.
.
I wanted to tell everybody the good news so bad but I wanted to surprise them even more. But there is one person that I will tell before. He came into my life completely unexpected and I'm so happy to have him. We grew together so close and I'm so thankful that he came to visit me here in the hospital. I dialed Lando's number and soon he answered. "Hi Amilia how are you?" he asks. "I'm good how are you?" I ask and he could already hear the happy tone in my voice. "I'm good. Why does it seem like you are smiling, nearly laughing all happily? What's going on?" he asks confused. I explained the whole situation to him and couldn't stop smiling when the words finally left my mouth. "I'm back home and I'm all good." I said and my voice broke a little because it made me emotional to finally say it. Lando was silent for a few moments and I heard a little sniffing over the phone. "I don't Even know what to say, I'm so proud of you and what else? Congratulations." he said and I laughed lightly. "My reaction wasn't better, I didn't know what to say as well." I replied. We chatted a little longer and he was the only one I told that I'll be there in Abu Dhabi. "Daniel will be so happy, not only him but the whole grid. But obviously Daniel will be the most excited." he said and only now I realized it. I will be back, like I said and like I promised.
.
.
.