84

I woke up the next morning, straight up smiling. Daniel and I decided to sleep in one room as we always did and when I woke up, I finally felt that familiar arm around my waist. I turned on the other side, facing Daniel who was still asleep. He pulled me closer to him and nuzzled his face into my neck. I slowly tried to wake him up with small kisses. "Baby wake up it's qualifying day." I said and he finally opened his eyes.
.
.
.
After breakfast we made our way to the circuit. Suddenly I heard someone scream for me in confusion. I turned around to see Charles and Charlotte, shit I haven't seen them yesterday. I ran to her and received a big hug. I explained to her how I've been and that I'm finally back. "I'm so happy to hear the news, finally we'll be back together at the races." she happily says and I nod in agreement. Charles pulled me into a hug as well. "I'm so happy to see you again, I'm proud that you never stopped fighting and I'm glad god chose to keep you." he said, almost whispering. I knew exactly that he referred to his dad who sadly didn't survive his illness and died a few years ago. I pulled Charles closer to me and thanked him. "I know for sure he never stopped fighting because of you and he watches over you every day." I answered. Charles smiled at me, he seemed to be glad that I understood what he meant.
.
.
.
We arrived in Daniel's garage and I sat down in my assigned chair. I watched Daniel getting ready and adored that he looks so happy. I haven't seen him like this in weeks. He was warming up with Michael, joking around as he usually does. Before stepping into the car he came over to me. "You know that probably the whole world has seen us yesterday because sky sport was recording right?" Daniel said and I stared at him, mouth wide open. "Oh shit, im sorry I forgot about.." I started but couldn't finish. "No it's alright, it's actually good because we can rewatch it over and over again." he said and I nodded in agreement. "Ok now focus, it's the last race of the season, get yourself a good position." I said and Daniel hugged me tightly. " Everything for you, if I get pole and win the race we'll go and have another tattoo that I choose, bet?" he asks me challenging and before I could think through the idea I already nodded. "Ok bet Mr Ricciardo, that's a lot of work for you." I replied and he started laughing in agreement and stepped into his car. What have I gotten myself into again?
.
.
.
After qualifying was done I was happy on one side because Daniel got his well-deserved pole position. Bad thing is he already fulfilled one part of the bet and I'm not ready for what Daniel has already planned as a tattoo motive. "Can you already hear your tattoo?" he asks, bright smiling as he stepped out of his car walking up to me. "Ha ha don't celebrate too early I'll pay Max to overtake you right at the start." I replied and we both laughed.
We spend the rest of the day at the circuit, Daniel analyzed the technical data with his team and I met with Charlotte for dinner. We celebrated that I was finally healthy again and that I'm at the track in person.
.
.
.
Sunday, race day:
It was already Sunday, and we are on the way to the track. Daniel will start from P1 and Max is right next to him in P2. While the boys prepared themselves I walked through the paddock. I met Lando on my way, wishing him good luck for his race. I also met Charles before walking into the Red Bull garage and wished him good luck as well, he'll start from P3. "Hello Maxi are you here?" I ask while entering the garage to immediately hear a scream. "Don't call me like that." he said pouting. I pulled him into a hug while I was still laughing about his reaction. "Ok i won't do it again, anyways I want to wish you a good race and please be safe....oh and kick Daniel out in the first corner I don't want another tattoo." I said and he laughed. I walked back to the Renault garage and Daniel was already in his car. "Ok please be Safe and have fun, ily." I said while placing a kiss on top of his head. "I will, ily2. By the way do you already wanna know what the tattoo will look like or?" he asks and starts laughing when I hit him. "I told Max to kick you out in the first corner so I don't think there will be a tattoo." I said and quickly walked to my seat and put on my headphones.
After his mechanic gave him the sign, he drove out of the garage. They all lined up in their spots and got ready for formation lap.
.
.
.
It's lights out and away we go. I heard when all the red light went off. As usual I was nervous as if I'd drive myself. The start looked very good, Daniel survived the first corner and held his first place. Max stayed right behind and I was relieved to see that there was no crash.
Daniel has already boxed twice and luckily only lost 2 positions that he was able to gain again. It is now about to go into the last 5 laps and I prepared myself for the podium. Daniel did such a great job through the whole race, he deserves this first place so much. And that's it, for the last race of the season, Daniel Ricciardo wins the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
The whole garage went crazy and we all ran outside on our way to cheer for Daniel. Michael came up to me and hugged me before we walked to the podium. I watched Daniel while stepping out of his car celebrating. He jumped right into his teams arms and everyone was celebrating with him. He pulled his helmet and balaclava off and came over to me. "The tattoo is coming hahahahha." he screamed a little too loud for my liking but I didn't really care in that moment. I jumped into his arms and we hugged for what felt like an eternity. I grabbed his face to look into his eyes. Now feels like a good moment to tell Daniel what I wanted to tell him all weekend. "Daniel, I have Good News." I said and he looked at me, confused because he didn't know what to expect. "I'm healed, I'm officially cancer free." I said while feeling myself becoming emotional. He looked at me, his smile only grew bigger. "Thank god, gorgeous this is the best news you could've told me." he answered and I saw a few tears leaving his eyes. With my thumbs I wiped them away. "And now go ahead and celebrate your fantastic win." I said and send him off to the podium.
.
.
.