29

Since the incident between Max and Daniel no one was really in the mood to talk. The race was done and I drove back to the hotel immediately. I don't want to stand between them after the fight.
.
.
.
I was back in my room, starting to pack my suitcase. I placed clothes for tomorrow on a chair and changed into my pajamas. I sat down on my bed, calling my parents. They obviously saw the race and asked me about the incident. After explaining that I don't have many information I got interrupted by a knock on the door. I ended the call and opened the door.
.
.
.
Max's POV:
The incident was bad, we both talked to Christian about it and accepted that we did something wrong. We both apologized to each other. "Can I ask you something?" I ask Daniel. He nodded and I asked "Were you angry at me because I was with Amilia the night before we came here?". Daniel looked at me,and after a few moments he looked down. "Stupid I know but kinda yes. I was actually jealous." He said. He told he about his previous realization, his feelings for Amilia. Since he doesn't know how she feels he thought that we were getting close. He apologized to me for his behavior and told me that he was muddled up because of the conversation with Amilia the night before the race. I apologized as well. We have such a strong friendship and nothing should interrupt that. I'm really happy that they both like each other, and probably have the same kind of feelings for each other. "I'm glad that the three of us grew together so well as friends." I said to Daniel. He agreed and we decided to go to Amilia and talk to her.
.
.
.
Amilia's POV:
I let the boys in and they both apologized for their behavior today. They told me what was between them and I felt bad that I was the reason. That's why I never wanted to have feelings for one of them. I knew something would happen. I'm glad to see that they are ok with each other again. "I think the two of you have to talk on your own." Max says all of a sudden. He stood up and gave me a hug, went to Daniel and they had their handshake. He left and I sat down on the bed again, next to Daniel. "So it was true what you said yesterday." He said looking at me nervously. I nodded. "That means we both like each other but we both think it won't work out right now." He continued. "It won't because you saw the impact our feelings had on your race. I don't want you to fail at your job." I told him honestly. He agreed on that and we furthermore came to the conclusion that this is not the right time for us to be in a relationship. You could see that it broke both our hearts. "I promise you that we will stay best friends and the situation won't be weird. I promise that if it's meant to be in the future, we'll talk again about it ok?" I ask him, tears forming in my eyes. "Promise, I agree on this. Maybe our feelings will evolve due to our friendship and we'll find out when the right time comes." He answered and we gave each other a pinky promise. I could see a tear rolling down his cheek as well.
»it may be hard for now but if you're patient, god will gift you with what you deserve«
We gave each other a big warm hug and continued our conversation afterwards. We managed to act like we always act around each other. We were both glad about that.
.
.
.
We arrived back in Monaco on Monday, having this week off to relax before the next week starts. The off week was unspectacular, Max and Daniel used their time for a lot of simulations and I supported them with my sessions. Believe it or not but we made it work, we were the same friends like before, nothing was between us. No weird situations or anything appeared. We were out for dinner at the same restaurant we were at a few weeks ago and we had a lot of fun....all together, as the friends we always used to be.
.
.
.
The Spanish Grand Prix was the upcoming race. I was a little worried about Daniel because he hurt his ankle while jogging a few days ago. I taped it and worked with him so he will feel secure while walking and driving. The race week was as usual. Track walk, free practice, qualifying and the race. Max came in 5th and Daniel came in 6th place. Overall again a good result for the team. Both drivers in the points is always a good result.
These last few weeks went by so quick. I felt like not participating anymore. It's not that I was sad or anything and everything was still fine between Max, Daniel and I but something was off. While sitting in the plane on our way back home I realized what it was - I miss my parents. I won't see them until the summer break. I'm looking forward to it though because we'll do a lot of things but it's still two months until then.
The boys luckily give me strength to keep on pushing. I wouldn't survive without them here.
.
.
.
But there was one really good thing that happened last weekend. Inadvertently I bumped into a girl in the paddock while being in my thoughts. This is not surprisingly for anyone by now because it's literally the way I meet people. Her name is Charlotte and she is Charles girlfriend. I recognized Charles from a party I attended with Max and Daniel. Charles Leclerc is a driver for Alpha Romeo and around my age.
After bumping into Charlotte we got into a conversation and we liked each other from the beginning. We exchanged numbers and she told me we could meet because she lives in Monaco as well.
.
.
.