47

I was so glad Daniel didn't wake up. After I calmed down I went back to bed. Daniel pulled me closer to him in his sleep. With his heartbeat and his calm breathing I finally fell asleep.
.
.
.
What can I say? The practices went not too good. Daniel just couldn't get along with his car today. He was clearly frustrated because he knew about the impact and it's consequences on the whole season basically. I'm glad that he's naturally a happy person and that he gets over failures quickly. "It'll be better tomorrow and even better on Sunday. I do believe that." I said as Daniel walked into my room for a massage. "I hope you're right." he answered.
.
.
.
After a longer appointment with Max because of a neck assessment I drove back to the hotel. Daniel was with his personal trainer right now. I decided to call my parents and ask them how things are going. "Amilia it's so nice to hear from you. We have a surprise for you." my mum happily announces. "Ok what is it?" I ask. "Your Boss Mr Horner invited us over to Abu Dhabi for the last race of the season." my dad proudly says. "Omg I'm so happy, you can't imagine how much I miss you." I reply.
That message lighted up my day even though it wasn't bad before.
.
.
.
As I predicted the Saturday went better than expected. Both drivers put in much effort and made it into the top 10. Probably not something they are proud of but definitely better than yesterday.
"Are you ready?" Daniel asks me. I was lost in my mind and didn't realize that he was ready to leave. I nod and stood up. "Charles asked if we want to go out for dinner tonight with him and Charlotte?" Daniel mentioned and I smiled. "Yes I'd love to, what do you think?" he nods in respond and tells me he likes the idea.
Back in the hotel I took a quick shower and got dressed. I chose a short jumpsuit and a pair of sandals. Daniel came out of the bathroom and wore jeans shorts and a linen shirt. He put on sunglasses and I felt myself sweating again. "Uff could you please stop being so hot sir?" I ask him. He smirks at me and replies "I could ask you the same miss.". We both laughed and went downstairs to meet Charles and Charlotte.
.
.
.
The night went by quick and it's already Sunday. We are at the track already and the boys are preparing themselves right now. Out of nowhere I get a call. "hello?" I ask. "Hello Ms Van Dijk, I know You're still at work but I have to tell you we definitely need to start a therapy. I need you here as quick as possible after the season if that's possible." the doctor says. I saw Max and Daniel walking around the corner. Fuck! "Ok Thank you for calling, I'll see you soon." I said and quickly ended the call. Max looked at me and I think he knew who it was. "Are you ok You're so pale." Daniel asks worried. "Yes I'm fine." I reply.
.
.
.
The race started and I knew the boys would make a good race today. They put in everything they have. I tried to stay as focused as possible. But the call from the doctor distracted me through the whole race. I didn't even realize that the race was over already. A mechanic pulled me out of my thoughts as he told me we'll go to the podium. »Who won?« I asked myself. Turns out that Max made it to P2, Daniel missed the podium by one place.
.
.
.
-timeskip to the last race week (actually just a few days)-
The time flies, it's already Wednesday again. The last days went by so fast. The day where I tell them comes closer and closer. I get more and more afraid. And it seems to be pretty obvious. Daniel asks me constantly if something's wrong. Trying to swallow my tears I always put a smile on my face and tell him that he doesn't need to worry. Tomorrow Daniel's parents arrive and they will surprise him after the track walk.
My parents already arrived with us and stay in the same hotel. My mum had a worried look on her face as well, just as Max's mum who was in the same hotel with Jos as well. I got told that I got skinnier and that my skin is pale. I tired to explain that it's from all the stress due to traveling.
.
.
.
Daniel left for the track walk 10 minutes ago. I had make sure he's gone before I could step into the car. I drove to the airport to pick up his parents. I waited at their gate for 10 minutes. I saw them walking towards me and waved at them. His mum was the first one to hug me. "Amilia it's such a pleasure to finally see you in real life. And thank you so much for this, Daniel will be so happy." she said. After that his dad followed. He pulled me into a warm hug as well and greeted me. "Daniel will hate you for making him cry. I'm sure he'll cry because of how happy he is." he said. I nodded smiling "That's alright." I said. His sister and her husband followed and I gave both of them a warm hug. "I get why Daniel fell in love with you, you are so beautiful and you express some kind of kindness and warmth." his sister said. That made me emotional and I thanked her while pushing away the tears. I tend to be really emotional lately. Little Isaac was the last one I welcomed. He was a little shy at first but chose to hug me as well. "Daniel told me that you are a part of our family because he send you 'love hearts' when he wasn't with you." Isaac said and my smile grew wider. " Did he really say that? I'm so happy that I'm a part of such a beautiful Family then." I replied and he smiled.
.
.
.