Chapter 36 - Live

It was time.

I needed to mark this occasion, it was my first big storyline and first backstage bit, so I took a picture in the floor length mirror and posted it onto my social media sites. I was dressed in a pair of light blue skinny jeans, my merch shirt which had been knotted on one side and a pair of black platform boots.

*Ready to show the world who's boss. #BetterThanPaige #Oops #Isaidit*

Within seconds it was being retweeted hundreds of times and I smiled to myself.

"What are you smiling at?" I looked round and saw Seth in the doorway. My heart skipped a beat and I sucked in a sharp breath. "Sorry, did I scare you?"

"Just a bit." I laughed off the sudden nerves I felt as he walked closer to me, looking over my shoulder at my phone and the picture I'd just posted. "You look pretty good!" He smirked. "Where's our picture? We're a team now!" He said, his hot breath making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. A shiver went down my spine. He just had that effect on me.

"I dunno if Roman would appreciate-" I began but he cut me off.

"It's a picture, Lucy. Just a Tag Team picture." He held his hands out to prove his innocence. He rolled his eyes but he didn't understand; Roman is seething over the idea of this whole storyline and then he'd see me posting all these pictures with Seth and I when I've not even posted many of us as a couple? But what harm could one picture do?

"I guess..." I said hesitantly and shrugged as I got my phone ready for another picture. I posed to the side, my hand on Seth's shoulder as he stood square on with his arms folded. I took the picture and we both agreed it was a great one, so I posted it instantly.

*Hanging out with my tag team partner before we #kickass #TeamLuth #DarkSide #BetterThanDeanAndPaige #SorryNotSorry*

"Sassy." Seth said as he received a notification of it on his phone and reposted it. "I like it."

"Well, they told us to keep in character!" I smiled, although it dropped instantly when I'd realised what I'd said. I knew what Seth was going to say back to it.

"Like we did a couple of days ago?" He said quietly. I stared wide eyed at him, unable to speak. "Did you forget about it as quickly as you thought?" He raised an eyebrow at me as he waited for an answer.

"Of course I thought about it." I said in a slightly harsh tone. "How could I not?" The kiss was fresh in my mind once more and my legs began to feel weak again.

"Told you." He smiled. "And we're going to do it again in a minute. Good luck!" He patted me on the shoulder and walked out of the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts. He was right. How was I going to go back to Roman and be happy with him when I'd passionately kissed Seth twice? This wasn't the kind of girl I was. I couldn't keep the secrets but I didn't want to upset anyone. I was stuck and I didn't know which way to go.

"Alright, everyone in positions!" All the stagehands and crew were running around crazily and here I was, standing there with my legs uncontrollably shaking ready to do my first ever live recording. This was being shown to all those that were at the arena tonight. We had no room for mistakes.

"3...2...1... Action!" The cameraman started. Dean was standing by a screen, watching Bad News Barrett defend his Intercontinental Championship Title against Luke Harper. He rubbed his hands together in anticipation as Bad News pinned Luke for the three count and kept the title.

"That title is going to be mine." Dean smirked at the screen. "Just wait, Barrett." Seth walked up to Dean, laughing.

"Dean, Dean, Dean..." Seth shook his head, the grin still plastered on his face. "You really think you can win?" Dean's face changes to one of anger and frustration. "You couldn't even stop Paige getting beaten up by Lucy." He laughed. "Let's face it, you aren't good without Roman and I behind you, helping you out."

"You really think you help me that much?" Dean laughed. "You're normally the one making us lose matches!" Dean shoved Seth backwards. Seth pushed Dean back and then they ran at each other, fighting each other. This was my cue. I took a big breath in as Paige and I ran out and pulled the two guys apart. Don't screw it up, Lucy. This is live.

"What the hell's going on here?" Paige said, looking me and Seth up and down with her face scrunched up.

"Not much, babe." Dean said, his arm round Paige proudly. "Seth was just trying to tell me he was better than me but..." Dean looked around. "You seem to be the most unsuccessful and lonely person here!" He shrugged. "I got Paige without you, I've won titles without you... You've only won a tag team title with Roman and I won't even bother talking about your non-existent love life." Dean smiled. "So yeah, Seth, carry on telling me how successful you are." Dean and Paige shared a quick kiss and laughed evilly. "Even Roman has Lucy..." He shook his head. "Pathetic really."

"Pathetic? Me?" Seth let out a laugh. "The fact you had to bring your girlfriend into the mix of things you've done successfully is quite pathetic as it is. I'm the one with the potential, Dean. I could go many places. I'm the new face of the WWE. I can get whatever I want."

"Like what?" Dean asked. There was silence as Seth thought of things. "Go on, Mr. Successful, what can you get?"

"He looks just about as clueless as Lucy over there..." Paige laughs. "Thinking she's going to take the title away from me." She let out a cackle. "You're just as bad as Seth. You'd be quite a good match actually. You're both equally as deluded." I clenched my fists and snarled at Paige, launching myself at her and hitting her so she stumbled back into Dean. Paige squared up to me, inches from my face and shoved me backwards.

"Save it for the ring, Paige." Dean said with a smirk and pulled her in for a hug, kissing her afterwards as if he was proving a point that he was the only one there with his girl next to him.

"Yeah, save beating Paige for the ring Lucy." Seth said with a wink and pulled me into him. This was it. My mind went blank and I suddenly couldn't focus, my body was frozen to the spot. I was about to cheat on Roman on live TV... Our lips touched and my body instantly relaxed, I put my hands up to his chest after a few seconds and shoved him away from me, pretending to act shocked. Seth turned to look at Dean, who looked equally as shocked.

"Let your friend Roman know I'm so successful I just stole his girl from under your nose and you didn't help him. I'm sure he'll love you for that." Seth said as he turned to leave. "Oh, and I'm going to steal a win from our match at TLC."

"You need to learn to control yourself and your tag team partner..." Paige said, looking at me in disgust.

"You need to control your mouth." I threatened with a smirk. "And you'll need to control your feelings when I win the title from you. Bye." I waved in her face cockily and left them.

"CUT!"