Chapter 26 - Another Injury

The audience were cheering and I knew this was my big moment. It was time for RAW. Time for my match against Paige. If I won this, I had a shot at the title. I could be Diva’s Champion! Normally that would be enough to inspire me to have a good match but not this time. For the last few days I haven’t spoken to anyone. I’ve trained alone, I’ve gone to the gym alone and I’ve spent all my rest time on my own. I never realised until this moment just how much I relied on those three guys to help my life run smoothly. Dean and Paige were better than ever and spent every second they could together and so I hardly saw her either. It made me realise that fame and your dream coming true never means everything else is fine. I have to work on that too.

“This match is a Diva’s No Disqualification match!” Lilian called out into the microphone. “From Norwich, England it’s Paige!” Her music played and she walked down the ramp cockily. She grabbed the microphone and spoke.

“Ok, I guess you all know what this match means. I challenged Lucy to two matches and if she won both she would get a shot at the title. Unfortunately she won the first one and now here we all are to witness Lucy lose this No Disqualification match! Believe me, she’s definitely not ready to face me in this ring with weapons…” Paige let out a laugh. “Well, that’s if she’s even turned up.” With Paige being gone so often, we hadn’t had as much time to practice this fight as much as the other one, so the nerves were pretty high tonight. This was going out on television and I could botch it all up. My music sounded and I ran out but stopped at the top of the ramp. I raised the microphone up to my mouth and took a deep breath in. Come on Lucy. Forget the crowd, just do as we practiced. I looked around at the crowd in awe, I’d never seen so many people in one arena. This was really happening.

“Unfortunately for you, Paige, I did turn up and I’ve turned up ready to whoop your ass!” I dropped the mic to the floor and ran down the ramp as the crowd cheered and screamed. I got into the ring and the referee called for the bell to be rung.

We ran at each other and grappled, stepping from side to side trying to get the upper hand. Paige finally won and pushed me away from her. She ran back, bounced off the ropes and did a jumping clothesline, knocking me straight to the floor. She got up and screamed out to the audience, who all cheered her. She climbed over me and grabbed my head, hitting it on the floor over and over until the ref pulled her away from me. She moved away with her hands held up in defence and then slid out of the ring, pulling up the apron material to pull out the weapons. She pulled out a kendo stick and slid back into the ring. She ran over to me and drove the kendo stick into my stomach a couple of times and then my back as I rolled over and out of the ring. I stumbled backwards, nearing the ramp again clutching my stomach.

“This is my house!” Paige screamed out to the audience, receiving more cheers. I ran at the apron, lifting it up and pulling out a chair. I threw it in the ring and slid in. I grabbed the chair and ran at Paige, striking her in the back with it as she paraded around for the audience. She fell to the floor and I hit her again with it before dropping it on the floor. I climbed on her and punched her in the head over and over until the ref pulled me off too.

“This is awesome!” The crowd chanted, clapping along. Paige shot me a quick smirk before she got to her feet. She grabbed the kendo stick and readied herself. I ran at her and did a dropkick. She staggered backwards into the corner and I ran at her again but she kicked me in the face. I staggered backwards once more, clutching my face.

“You’ll never beat me!” Paige said as she dropped the kendo stick and picked up the chair. She swung the chair at me but I ducked out of the way, grabbing the kendo stick and swiping it at Paige’s back. She threw the chair at me and I dropped the kendo stick to block the chair, which I then kicked out of the ring. As my back was turned, Paige picked the Kendo stick up and swung it at my back. I quickly turned towards her and she swung the Kendo stick again and it crashed into the right side of my head. I fell to the side, grabbing onto the ropes for stability and hoping the crowd believed my actions, this was the part we hadn’t practiced as much. I stood up, making sure we finished this match and ran at Paige, performing a dropkick. I quickly grabbed a chair and placed it, folded up, under her head. I climbed up to the top rope, put my fingers to my thumbs and lifted my hands above my head before performing a jumping elbow drop to her head. I pulled Paige away from the ropes with all the strength I had left and pinned her.