Chapter 37 - Little Secret

I ran back into the dressing room with a spring in my step and a smile on my face. I’d just done my first live backstage scene and I hadn’t screwed it up! I got out of the clothes I was in and changed back into my normal clothes. I sat down on the chair in my dressing room and pulled out my phone, checking social media for their inputs of the backstage bit we had just done, but to my horror only one thing was being written about.

*Seth kissing Lucy??? #BackstageSmackdown*

*How are Roman and Leighla feeling about this? #Smackdown*

*What’s Dean saying about Seth’s non-existent love life? #Leighla #BackstageSmackdown*

*Looks like those two are more than tag team partners ;) #wwe #smackdown*

I looked away from the phone in shock, my jaw agape. We’d just done a huge backstage bit which involved two altercations and an exchange of harsh words and all everyone can talk about is that kiss? That passionate exchange between two ‘friends’ while their partners watched it on the television. Who am I kidding? Of course everyone would be talking about it. I stood up and put my phone in my pocket, pulling my jumper off the hanger and putting it on. I let out a sigh as I grabbed my bag, ready to leave.

“Hey.” Seth appeared in the doorway of my dressing room.

“Hi.” I said, making no effort to speak to him.

“What’s up? Aren’t you hyped after that backstage bit?” Seth cocked his head and looked at me with slight worry in his eyes.

“I was.” I stated, pulling my phone back out of my pocket, opening up what I was reading before and threw it over to him. “Until I read all this.” His face dropped as he read through it all but then shortly after, the smile reappeared on his face.

“Surely this just goes to show we did a good job?” He said to me, throwing back my phone. “The practice one must have helped.” He winked at me flirtily but I looked away.

“Do you not care about how Leighla and Roman are gonna feel after reading all that?” I shook my head in disbelief.

“Well, you didn’t seem to think about them when you kissed me.” His smile changed to a devious smirk. “Which only made the real thing better. I nearly forgot we were even doing it for the show.” I tutted and shook my head, turning away from him.

“You really are the most-” He walked into the room and shut the door, locking it quietly. I quickly turned back round so I could watch his actions. He kept eye contact with me the whole time. “Disgusting, self-centred, smug person I know and probably ever will know-” He stopped inches from me with a smug look on his face. I couldn’t finish my sentence. I couldn’t shout at him anymore. Once again he had a hold on me; he could control me without so much as saying one word. He looked me up and down slowly, taking everything in before he leant forward so his mouth was by my ear.

“I know you don’t really mean that babe.” His hot breath sent a shiver down my spine, my legs went weak, my hairs stood on end. “Otherwise you wouldn’t be looking at me with that lust in your eyes.” I couldn’t hide it no matter how hard I tried. The truth was he was always in my thoughts, that kiss was always there in my dreams and in my reality. I couldn’t escape him. Once again his lips crashed against mine passionately and I felt myself being pulled into the moment. I put my hands on his back as he pulled me closer, his hands moving to my waist. He deepened the kiss and I ran my fingers through his hair, balling it in my fists. I was lost in the moment. I couldn’t care about anything else but this at the moment. I heard my phone ringing in the background and I desperately wanted to ignore it, but what if it was Roman. Shit! Roman! I opened my eyes suddenly and pulled my hands away from him, pulling my phone from my pocket.  Roman’s name and number were flashing up on the screen.

“Ignore it.” Seth whispered in my ear, kissing down my neck.

“I can’t!” I said, pulling away from Seth and taking a couple of steps back. I had to compose myself and I had to do it quickly.

“Hi babe!” I said, trying to sound happy. My heart was still beating quickly, my chest still rising and falling quickly. “You alright?” Seth leant against the table with a smile on his face.

“Yeah, I just wanted to speak to you.” He said, sounding miserable.

“Did you watch it?” I jumped straight to the point. There could only be a few reasons he sounded miserable and that was the most likely one.

“Yeah. It was very convincing.” He said sharply. “A lot of talk about it on social media.” He huffed.

“Yeah, I know. I showed Seth.” I said, instantly regretting what came out of my mouth.

“Seth’s with you?” He shouted down the phone.

“Only just now, came in to say bye and I was showing him the social media stuff before you called.” I lied. This was becoming much easier than I’d hoped. I never wanted to lie to him yet here I was, making up more stories than truth.

“Really? He must love your dressing room because he was there before the filming too, wasn’t he?” I thought for a second, trying to remember what had even happened today. This kiss had caused my mind to go blank. “The social media pictures? Team Luth? Really?” Roman added to jog my memory. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose.

“Roman, that was just for character!” I said, unsure if that was even a lie or not. I’d got everything so mixed up in my head I couldn’t even decipher the difference anymore.

“Yeah, just like him being there now is for character too!” Roman said, making up accusations as he went along.

“You’re making something out of nothing! Nothing is going on here; I was showing him all the comments before you called. That’s all. Ask him if you want!” I ranted, fed up of the accusations – ok so they may be true but he doesn’t know that, does he?

“No, you’re alright.” Roman said, sounding fed up. “Sorry, you know what this is doing to me.”

“I know and I’m telling you everything is fine. Look, I’m about to leave so I’ll call you later?” I said, wanting to finish the phone call before I said anything to screw it all up.

“Yeah ok. I’ll see you tomorrow, right?” Roman asked, referring to his match.

“Of course I’ll be there, don’t you worry!” I said with a small laugh. “Speak to you later babe.” I hung up the phone quickly after he said bye and sighed with relief. Why was I so happy to lie to him? Why was it so easy? Why did I feel no remorse for it?

“Wow.” Seth said, bringing my attention back to him. “You’re a good liar. You didn’t even hesitate.” A smirk appeared on his face once again.

“Just don’t.” I said regrettably. “I don’t want to lie to him.”

“But you did a pretty good job. You could have told him if you wanted…” He leered, knowing I was never going to admit it to him out of fear.

“Why can’t you tell him?” I hissed, walking towards the door and unlocking it.

“I like being your little secret.”