Chapter 24 - Truth or Lies?

Roman’s POV

I could tell she wanted to run after him and see what was wrong but I didn’t want her to. Then she’d find out the truth.

“I’ll go and talk to him in a minute.” I said, placing my hand on her shoulder. “I’ll find out what the problem was. He might be mad and I don’t want him saying anything to you…” She shook her head but remained silent. It was bothering her. She hated when people didn’t like her actions. She always wanted to help people.

“I don’t get it.” She finally said. “What did I do?”

“Don’t worry about it. Look, I’ll get hold of Paige and Rosa, get them to come down and keep you company and I’ll go and speak to him. I’ll get it sorted as quickly as I can. I promise.” I stood up and put my fingers under her chin, moving her head up so she was looking at me. “Don’t worry.” I repeated before bending down and placing a gentle kiss on the lips once more. I walked out of the room and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I text Paige and Rosa telling them to see Lucy and I ran off to do the bit I knew would only end badly. I’d literally only just been told by Seth that he liked Lucy and I went and kissed her. He’s going to hate me. I looked around backstage, in every room and corridor but I couldn’t find him.

“Hey Roman.” A female voice called from behind me, I turned around to see Summer Rae. Oh great.

“Hi Summer. Look I’m in kind of a rush, I’m looking for-”

“Seth?” She interrupted, fluttering her eyelashes with a cheeky smile on her face.

“Yeah. Where is he?” I said, just wanting to find out the information and leave. There was something about her that guys really liked and somehow she always managed to get the guy she wanted.

“Well, I could tell you but I don’t give out this information for free you know…” She twisted a piece of her blonde hair around her finger and her smile grew.

“Look, this is important. I don’t have time for your games!” I said, getting frustrated. Why couldn’t she just tell me?

“You’re not fun, Roman. Not anymore.” She said venomously. “He’s outside.” She pointed at the exit door that lead to the supplies car park.

“Thank you.” I said with a smile and walked away from her towards the door. I pushed the door open with such force it hit the wall and bounced back towards me. I held my arm out and stopped it as I walked out, noticing Seth sitting on the steps. He looked up but as soon as he saw it was me he looked straight back down.

“Seth.”

“Don’t talk to me.” He spat, keeping his gaze at the floor. “Just don’t.”

“Seth I’m so sorry.” I said quietly.

“You were supposed to be my BROTHER!” He shouted as he looked up at me. “I confided in you and you walked straight over there and fucked it all up!” He looked away from me again and ran his fingers through his hair.

“It wasn’t like that Seth!” I said, trying to convince him. If Mark finds this out we are all screwed! If Seth won’t talk to me how are we supposed to be a team? He turned a blind eye to Seth and Dean playing up in the ring before but he wouldn’t do it again. We could lose our jobs over this. He could say we were too focussed on our relationships than the business. The Shield would never fight together again. I needed to save it.

“What was it like then, Roman?” He yelled.

“She kissed me.” I lied, my entire body telling me aching for me to tell the truth. I didn’t want to get Lucy in trouble but I couldn’t lose The Shield.

“What?” Seth said, not believing his ears.

“I went in there to talk to her about you, I didn’t know you were anywhere near us! I was talking about what you’d said to me because I wanted to find out if she liked you back but she kissed me. She told me she’d had feelings for me.” I said, trying to make it sound like I regretted it.

“She wouldn’t do that, would she?” Seth said, his heart breaking right in front of me.

“Who’s here seeing if you are alright? Me or her? As soon as you left I ran to see if you were alright. As soon as I saw you standing there in the doorway my heart broke for you. I know what that feels like…” My heart ached thinking of Mila and Paris – the only two girls I liked and the only two girls that broke my heart.

“She left me at the restaurant when she saw you standing there.” Seth said, defeated. “I should have seen it coming.” I looked away as my body fought on whether to keep lying or start telling the truth. She had nothing to do with it, YOU kissed HER.

“I’m sorry man.” I sat next to him and put my hand on his shoulder. “Maybe you should just give Leighla and you another go. She really loves you.”

“That’s what she kept telling me to do.” Seth said, unimpressed.

“Well strictly speaking you’re still going out but you know what I mean, go out more. Enjoy your time with her!” I said with a grin, hoping it looked like I was happy for him and Leighla. I hated this. Why did I think lying was going to get me anywhere?

“Thanks pal.” Seth said as he stood up. “Just got one thing to do first and then I’ll call her. I’ll apologise and say I was just distracted with work and I want to make sure she has my full attention for a night so I’m taking her out for dinner. I won’t go to that Italian place.”

“There we go! That’s the Seth I know!” I said, standing up too. He opened the door and walked back into the building and I followed him. “So what’s this one thing you’re going to do first? If it’s the gym, I’m up for that!”

“Nah.” He laughed, walking ahead of me. “I’m going to give Lucy a piece of my mind.” My stomach and face dropped simultaneously and I sped up to walk next to him.

“You don’t have to do that!” I said nervously.

“Oh I know I don’t, but I will. She wants to treat me like an idiot, I’ll put her in her place.” Seth’s face looked the same as when he’d finished telling me about liking Lucy, it was determination. He walked up to her dressing room door and flung it open, making the girls stop mid-sentence. Paige and Rosa looked at Seth in confusion but Lucy just looked terrified. Seth was shooting daggers at her. His gaze was one of disgust. He wasn’t going to back down from this and I had no way of stopping it.

Everything was about to blow up in my face.